Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Rav4 XTR tinted windscreen??

Neilll

I have just had a new windscreen fitted to my 2010 Rav4 XTR. I can now see that it is not tinted and my drivers and front passenger windows are slightly tinted. Does anyone know whether the insurance have fitted the wrong windscreen? I never checked if the original one was tinted but I'm sure it was the same is the front door windows.

The majority of cars produced over the past 10 years or so have tinted glass, including the windscreen (there is actually not much point in fitting tinted side windows and a plain windscreen as the driver will be using the windscreen most of the time). Try comparing the vision between the side windows and the windscreen with a piece of white paper. 

Most insurance glass contractors fit third party glass, so it could be possible the windscreen has a lighter tint. 

Whether it is plain glass or less tinted glass, I would go back to the insurer and contractor to highlight the difference in tint if there is one, and complain about the difference in quality.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links