Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rough starting until hot. Bad Fuel

Shades

The fuel in hose is to be disconnected and add your piece to it for the purge.the fuel return pipe (should say on the hose fuel bk) pull that off where it goes down towards the engine to a metal pipe and add your purge return line with a inline filter. I unplugged the power to the fuel filter just incase it pushed diesel out.the other hose to the left of the filter can stay on as that's coming from tank.

20170623_164411.jpg

I used an old 1.5 litre coke bottle as I used 1litre of purge.the in line filter from the fuel return is put into the bottle and the fuel "in" hose needs to be submerged in the purge.the return purge can just sit above as it's only for recirculating the purge. You the set the bottle somewhere safe not to spill and put the air filter box and hose to turbo back together. Start your engine and let it idle for a bit check for leaks if none rise the revs up to 3-3500rpm do this up and down and watch for the purge not to empty.(also check the inline filter for any dirt that came off injector)once it's nearly done stop the engine and put everything back the way it came off.and check again for leaks make sure everything is plugged back in take it for a drive to see if it's made a difference.

I added around 250-300ml of 2 stroke mineral oil to my diesel too made a good difference also. 

Hope this helps pics a bit crude as doing this on my lunch break. If you need to ask any thing else just post on here mate and good luck. 

20170623_164529.jpg

20170623_164630.jpg

Jasus Frankie your a star.. It couldn't be any clearer, pics and descriptions are spot on. I'll be doing it tomorrow so I'll let you know how I get on... Thanks so much for taking the time to share this info... Top guy👍👍

• Like 1

Thanks a million Frankie, got the diesel purge done today. Very easy to follow your instructions and pictures. I've noticed a very obvious reduction in engine knocking even though the inline filter wasn't overly dirty when finished. Here's my setup that I had which I could keep an eye on while sitting in the car doing the revving. 

IMG_20170624_155550_HDR.jpg

Thanks a million Frankie, got the diesel purge done today. Very easy to follow your instructions and pictures. I've noticed a very obvious reduction in engine knocking even though the inline filter wasn't overly dirty when finished. Here's my setup that I had which I could keep an eye on while sitting in the car doing the revving. 

IMG_20170624_155544_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Great job mate!! If you have purge left over stick it in the tank along with some 2 stroke oil (mineral) around 150-200ml 

Have you ever cleaned your maf sensor and egr?

40 minutes ago, frankie406 said:

Great job mate!! If you have purge left over stick it in the tank along with some 2 stroke oil (mineral) around 150-200ml 

Have you ever cleaned your maf sensor and egr?

Yes Frankie I've done the egr a few months back which was very clogged with carbon. I've never done the maf yet. Is that the one on the breather box and how do I clean it? 

Yes the 1 on top of the air filter Box you can get a maf sensor cleaner spray which you just take off the maf from the box spray the wire inside the housing. Just don't touch the wires. I'd also clean the air intake,intercooler  (very time consuming to do & good lot of removal of parts) &"throttle body" it's up to you though.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links