Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need help! Are my lift bolts broken? Where can i get them from in uk?

KhaleelVVTL-I

Hi Everyone,

im new to the forum, seing some of the previous posts is saw its a very helpful forum so i hope you can help me out. Ive had my 2001 toyota celica gts for almost a year now and its been perfect so far only since last week i was out driving and i wanted to show my friend how vvtli runs and the lift it has so i showed him used it 2-3 times and it was all there working fine i didnt abuse it or anything just the lift in second gear for him to feel it anyways later on that day when i tried to use it the lift has gone well its there i can hear it but i can barely feel any lift or even non at all. Car was warm has been serviced less than 2k miles ago, had enough oil and revs past the 7k limiter. Now I believe its the lift bolts, however they are almost impossible to find in the uk does anyone know where i can get them from? 

Thank you for your help ( in advance 😁)

I don't understand why any Toyota dealership cannot supply the flange bolts (as they call them).

However, the first thing I would check are the two small filters on the 2ZZ, if one or both are blocked, it would be a really cheap fix for you.

Lift bolts(flanges) are available from Toyota, shouldn't be more than £1.50 for a set.

5 hours ago, Scarlett Arrow said:

I don't understand why any Toyota dealership cannot supply the flange bolts (as they call them).

I think he means it's impossible to find them anywhere but at the Toyota dealership. I know I had the same trouble, went to every breaker around me and couldn't find the bit I needed. The dealership had it within days brand new.

I would give Parts-King an email and ask him for the parts. He's very good.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your replies sorry for not being clear the issue was lift bolts are not really called lift bolts according to toyota it's something like valve rocker bolts or something so i just gave them the part number and ordered them should be here on Saturday i just hope they aren't snapped just worn the lift is there but its very weak.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links