Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 toyota corolla T2 1.6 vvti headlight fault??

Paul81

I upgraded the side and main beam bulbs recently but dont drive alot at night? Was out last night and it was if i had no lights on but when i checked all bulbs in headlights were on dull?? 

Please and thank you in advance any help greatly appreciated 

Hi,

Upgraded your bulbs with exactly what ??  there are various different sizes / fittings like H7 or H1 etc, yours should be  ?

Did you have to do any wiring mods ?

If fitting the right sized bulbs did you get your headlight bulbs located in the housing properly ? there is a locating pip that must be in the right position otherwise the bulbs do not sit right and do not point the right way.

• Like 1

Replaced like for like if you know what i mean? Positive main beam bulbs are located properly, sides are ice white and main beam are blue tint

The fact you do not say you used eg , Osrams Nightbreaker H7,   makes me think you may have gone for some of bulbs more for the colour than quality of make / beam.

I once tried some tinted side lights, the brightness was terrible, threw them away ...

As you say, everything has gone in ok, then can only suggest two things.

First, put back yourone of  original main beams and see if their beam is good, which proves the fault is your new bulbs.

if not, get a voltmeter/multimeter and measure the voltage across the Battery, then across the bulb connector when on and see if there is any difference ?

I have tried putting the old ones back in but still same fault? What do i do with the volt meter?

You need to measure the voltage across the Battery terminals and then across the bulb connectors to see if there is any big voltage drop indicating a wiring problem.

If you do not have a multimeter or know how to use one, then perhaps a visit to your local garage  / auto electrician might be the best route...

As above mate. Cheapest option too! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links