Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DPF part number for Yaris D4d 2010

Perfection

I am trying to source a replacement DPF, but I am not sure how to get the part number. Could anyone help me out here please?

My car now has done 120k miles. The original dpf lasted approx 60k miles, the replacement dpf however starts to show blockage. So what I can conclude is that Yaris dpf only lasts about 60k miles. 95% of motorway usage.

Why don't you get it 'flash' cleaned instead? Btw I didn't know the Yaris had a dpf.(I'm not a diesel owner so genuinely not aware).

I am not sure if cleaning process will work. Do you have experience of this or a company that can do it properly?

However, I have managed to link to the part number, but are not 100% certain:

- 25051-33090

or 

- 25051-33060

I see that you are based in the West Midlands, I know of a company further 'up North' in Wet Yorkshire called SCM Turbos, they offer that service, I'll do a search and post a link in a few mins if you like.

Thanks Stantheman.. I will look into it.

The website and service looks very professional.

DO you know if the ECU require updating after cleaning the DPF? I think the ECU keeps track of the loading level and without resetting this , the regeneration may start earlier than expected.

I'm not sure, it may 'auto detect', just give them a call and ask the question.

On 2017-6-1 at 10:01 PM, Perfection said:

The website and service looks very professional.

DO you know if the ECU require updating after cleaning the DPF? I think the ECU keeps track of the loading level and without resetting this , the regeneration may start earlier than expected.

Did you manage to get sorted?

The advice is after the cleaning process, toyota dealer need to reprogramme the ECU to give a new life. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/06/2017 at 8:36 PM, Perfection said:

The advice is after the cleaning process, toyota dealer need to reprogramme the ECU to give a new life. 

Where did you get your dpf cleaned and was it expensive?

Sorry for the late response. I got my local independant garage to send the dpf to SCM. SCM was not interested to the general public as they require an account.

I paid approx £290 for the work on front discs and pads replacement (I supplied these part myself) and the dpf removal and sent away for the cleaning. 

I paid a further £120 for the dealer to reprogramme the ECU.

When I asked garages like Hal...d about dpf cleaning whilst I was having my tyres replaced, they will charge around £90 to put in some chemical and leave for at least 5 hours and then perform a regeneration. But this process will not clean very well and most people will only use it to sell the car on before the engine light comes on again. 

The key thing is to update the ECU as you are installing a new DPF, otherwise the soot saturation level will be the as last regeneration cycle.. But I guess the during the reprogramming process the software will performs check to see the state of the DPF. If blocked - it will prevent you from setting as a block free DPF.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links