Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MPG

Iain Johnston

Really disappointed with the MPG I am getting, driving to work and back and only getting 44MPG from my 2015 2.0 diesel, I use to get 50MPG from my Passat and my Audi A4 on the same route, any suggestions? 

How many miles do you do on your journey to and from work.is the car serviced and tyres at good pressure..

I use millers diesel ecomax in my tank.or sometimes I would use 2 stroke mineral oil around 150-200ml

Do NOT use 2 stroke oil on newer engine whit CATs and DPF/DPNR it will decrease the life of the filters.

Sendt fra min SM-G920F med Tapatalk

The op will probably cause the dpf to clog a lot quicker with the very short mileage the car is doing.

The economy of VAG diesel engines was particularly good in my experience. I had a 1.9 TDi and a 2.0 TDi and they were both more economical in real world driving than any other diesel car I've owned before or since.

Also I don't know how you are measuring fuel consumption, but I find the average fuel consumption display in our Avensis to be about 2-3 MPG pessimistic, whereas the displays in most VW's I've driven seem to be optimistic, sometimes by 5-10%

• 3 weeks later...

I'd second the VAG comment - just swapped from a 2010 2.0TDI CR superb to a 2.0 d4d 2016 Avensis saloon.  Used to Average about 61mpg on my 120 mile commute in the skud, over the last 160,000 miles.  Now hitting 55 over the first 2000 miles in the Avensis.  However, one big proviso - this was pre the VAG emmisions "fix". I dodged it but all the big milers I know who had it done saw the economy dive.  Still, I'm very dissapointed that this is the first car I've owned where I'm not regularly exceeding the published mpg.  All measurements are from litres used, not trip computers.

The Honest John website has recently published the best and worst carmakers for real mpg compared to advertised economy. See

honestjohn.co.uk/news/real-mpg/listed-the-car-manufacturers-that-give-best-real-mpg/

Given the comments by previous posters its interesting that Skoda, Toyota and VW come 6th, 7th and 8th best manufacturers with 89.6%, 87% and 86.5% respectively of advertised economy. Audi, also mentioned earlier, came 7th worst manufacturer.

Not surprisingly, according to the results, no manufacturer provided economy figures to match real mpg, though some came close

The survey covered more than 120,000 car owners. Make of it what you will.

On 8/21/2017 at 11:41 AM, roblough said:

I'd second the VAG comment - just swapped from a 2010 2.0TDI CR superb to a 2.0 d4d 2016 Avensis saloon.  Used to Average about 61mpg on my 120 mile commute in the skud, over the last 160,000 miles.  Now hitting 55 over the first 2000 miles in the Avensis.  However, one big proviso - this was pre the VAG emmisions "fix". I dodged it but all the big milers I know who had it done saw the economy dive.  Still, I'm very dissapointed that this is the first car I've owned where I'm not regularly exceeding the published mpg.  All measurements are from litres used, not trip computers.

You did well to avoid the VAG emissions fix. A relative of mine had his 1.6 TDi engined Golf lose all power on the motorway yesterday and slow down to 5 MPH. It's been towed to a VW dealer who are now blaming the emissions recall (which they carried out).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links