Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2016: How to check the coolant level?

Pytheas

Hi to all,

I was checking my 2016 Aygo X-Shift the other day, just before a trip, and realized that I could not see the level of the coolant. It seems that the reservoir is so close to the front of the car that one cannot be sure about the level of the coolant inside, neither from the side nor from the top. It seems that this was easier in previous versions of the Aygo as well as in other cars (e.g. I have no problem checking the coolant level of my wife's 2002 Corsa or my Fiat Cinquecento).

Is there a way that I can do that (am I doing something wrong)? How do you check the coolant level yourselves?

There are two versions of the coolant reservoir - type A which is shallower and wider, and type B which is deeper and narrower.

My Aygo has type A - which I would imagine would be common to UK right hand drive Aygo's.

With type A, one can see the FULL marking quite easily if one leans towards the Battery whilst looking down, and presumably the same applies to type B. I would imagine the LOW level marking on the type B is difficult to see. The 'satisfactory' coolant level is between LOW and FULL, so if the level of coolant is kept near the FULL marking, that should be OK.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links