Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk1 1ltr induction kit

Reaper1983

Hey guys ive got a apexi filter i want to fit to my yaris for now till i do engine upgrade.

I want to remove the air box and fit a maf adaptor so i can run a pipe to the front corner.

I dont fancy paying 200 plus for a kit so will this fit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172800598932

if not has anyone else got ideas.

Have I got this right?

You've a fifteen-year-old one litre Yaris and want to fit an expensive (noisy) air filter that will let more dust and detritus through than a standard filter?

Why?

Do you realise that unless you change the engine mapping to allow more fuel to mix with the (supposedly) increased air supply, you won't obtain any advantage?

You will of course inform your insurance company of this modification so you don't void your insurance.

My insurance is all correct with all mods.

The filter does not let in any more dust than standard but allows me to relocate to a area with more cold air.

If remap is needed it will be done my fuel/air guage will tell me that.  But tje maf is there to help adjust the fuel to air ratio.

Mod edit: club members may contribute to any topic on the forums, whether those comments are positive or negative, provided the terms and conditions of Toyota Owners Club are not breached.

It is not an individual member's place to say that another member should not post - that is part of the Moderator's role in managing the forums and comments made on topics.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/08/2017 at 11:54 PM, Reaper1983 said:

My insurance is all correct with all mods.

The filter does not let in any more dust than standard but allows me to relocate to a area with more cold air.

If remap is needed it will be done my fuel/air guage will tell me that.  But tje maf is there to help adjust the fuel to air ratio.

Talking of cold air, are you thinking of fitting a cold air pipe to feed air directly on the filter? Would be very interested how you get on with it, especially the change in exhaust note with that filter, a bit louder hopefully!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links