Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch judder exedy

malteserrrrr

Hello friends, my machanic changed my Toyota Yaris D4D 2007 clutch manual transmission for an exedy clutch and I'm having some juddering when moving off forward or reversing. I contact the agent from where I got the clutch and told me that the clutch is good and the problem is because I don't use the accelerator. My answers was why on original clutch didn't happened too. The other issue is that when the engine is cold I have problems removing the first gear like I'm not pressing the clutch. I'm very disappointed with exedy clutchs and I don't recommend no one not to use original parts since they are not taking their responsabilities since the agent contact exedy company as he told me. Thanks for your comments in advance 😊

It is possible that your replacement clutch is faulty or not installed properly! The problem is the garage will have to do all that work, to get at the clutch. Your argument about the revs needed to pull off could be valid. If the car was smooth before, then it should be smooth now. But, the garage could be right - older worn clutches don't have the sharper bite of a new unit! Contradictory, yes. 

Remember, the pressure plate will be stronger, the clutch material being new will be thicker, so the biting point will be lower. Also you need to press the pedal the floor to be sure that the clutch has disengaged, before selecting first gear. Then there is the hydraulic system. Is it working okay, no leaks, and needs bleeding? 

When I had my Avensis clutch fitted, I had a Valeo complete kit done on my Avensis. Same as the original it replaced. It improved the car.

Thanks for your reply. The hydraulic system seems it have no leeks so why I can disingauge the first gear when the engine still cold? The amount of vibration that makes when I'm doing moving off is a lot specially on reverting uphill and with the original it goes  very smooth. The fitting of the clutch supposed is fine since my machanic use to that for long time now. Can be an other part faulty or 100% the clutch?

Ask them to bleed the clutch hydraulic system first -- takes 5 minutes..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links