Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Prius Plug-in - Deliver Fully Charged!

TGL

8 minutes ago, gonelectric said:

I agree with you - I had to charge it up and take on more petrol to fill the tank. I would like to ask you how many miles the dash says having fully charged the batteries. I am getting 25-27 and I think this is low. Unfortunately I am the only Prius plug-in customer at my Toyota dealer so they seem not to have much product knowledge.

I get about 27-32 miles, and depending on what aircon/heating settings you have, how cold the outside temperature is, driving style, etc, will all have an impact. What you get isn't unreasonable in my mind.  I'm getting about 800 miles out of a 40ltr tank of fuel based on a mix of motorway and local roads/traffic. The trick is to keep charging the car when-ever you can and use the driving style guide.  Combined electric and fuel I spend about £120 per month which pushes me into the 1500 mile / month group.

9 hours ago, TGL said:

I get about 27-32 miles, and depending on what aircon/heating settings you have, how cold the outside temperature is, driving style, etc, will all have an impact. What you get isn't unreasonable in my mind.  I'm getting about 800 miles out of a 40ltr tank of fuel based on a mix of motorway and local roads/traffic. The trick is to keep charging the car when-ever you can and use the driving style guide.  Combined electric and fuel I spend about £120 per month which pushes me into the 1500 mile / month group.

How much?!?

1600 miles in my gen3 PiP would be about £60 of petrol and electric. Seems these new PiP's are costing a lot more to run!

It is common practice amongst dealers, whatever the marque, to only include the minimum amount of petrol/diesel when customers collect new cars. This has been the case with the majority of the 21 new cars we've had. Presumably the same applies to charging plug-in hybrids. Profit margins on new cars are already very tight - which is why dealer groups such as Pendragon are moving away from new car sales and into used car sales, as profit margins on used cars are better.

At the end of the day, there is usually enough fuel to get one to s filling station to fill up.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links