Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Player - Need Help!

breezer

I have an 02 yaris which was standard and didnt come with cd player, so i bought the standard cd player which gos into the cash box when car was first bought!! now i have bought a new alpine head unit.

on the existing cd player/tape deck there are 3 plugs plugged into it, and the adaptor i bought from Halfords only allows 2 of the plugs in!! so what happens to the 3rd?

i have looked at guides but im stumped :blink:

i plug just the two plugs in and tried it but didnt work!! what else do i need to do apart from the aerial?

its a blue one and the white one.....

Plug them in and it should be ok...

You tried turning ignition on??

Alos does standard headunit work when you plug it back into there? IF not youv blown the fuse... ill tell you what to do then

i have 3 plugs going into back of tape deck since i have the standard cash box cd player, and about 10 wires going into the actual back of standard cd player. 2 of the plugs from outa tape deck fit into that adaptor i bought, and i have a spare plug, now i have numerous wires coming out from the back of my new head unit! as if something has to be attached!! as follows:

a yellow wire which says Battery

a blue wire which says power ant

a black wire which says ground

a red wire which says ignition

a blue/white wire which says remote turn on

a pink/black wire which says audio interrupt in (add on)

a orange wire which says dimmer (add on)

is it possible i have to cut the wires which are going into the back of the standard cd player, and matching the colours up! of course the last 2 in that list above are add ons so cant match them!

just plug the two in that are there

the third become redundant and is only something to do with the Sat Nav

yeh i did that and nothing happens!! fuse is still in tact on cd player! cd player doesnt turn on or show any sign of life

THE FOLLOWING PICTURE IS OF MY CURRENT STANDARD TAPE DECK AND CD PLAYER (THE ONE WHICH WAS BOUGHT AND PUT IN THE DASH)

0.jpg

i know that plug 1 and plug 2 (labelled on diagram), and the aerial get put into the back of the new headunit, and plug 3 is not used.

As you can see in the pic i made, theres various coloured wires going into the back of the cd player, and they aint plugged in they just go into the cd player in the same place

:blink::unsure::huh: :(

so you got the alpine headunit......

double check that you dont need to connect it 'directly' to the Battery instead of running it through the cars original loom

some alpines (normally top of the range ones) require a direct power lead to the Battery

my alpine head unit does have various wires coming from it....

a yellow wire which says Battery

a blue wire which says power ant

a black wire which says ground

a red wire which says ignition

a blue/white wire which says remote turn on

a pink/black wire which says audio interrupt in (add on)

a orange wire which says dimmer (add on)

il take a picture

yep its all there

should be simply pkug and play mate

you have pressed the 'ON' button havnt you :D

ahhhhhhhhh

what you done about the red and yellw wires??

you have to connect them up in a certain way (with the bullet connectors)

it changes car to car but i believe its

yellow-yellow

and

red-red

for the yaris (its to do with when it knows to switch on when you start the car and doesnt stay on when you switch off)

not calling you daft as on some cars you connect both red and yellow to the red 'Y' lead

just try that

you mean i have to take the wires out from the back of the standard cd player, and hook the yellow wire of standard cd to the yellow wire of HU, and the red wire of cd player to the red wire of HU. or do you mean something else :blink:

its so confusing, i never expected all these wires :angry: good advantage is, i can have 3 amps hooked upto it!

or did you mean connect the red wire comin directly from back of HU to the red wire comin from the adaptor, and same with the yellow one?

rob youre a genious it worked :D lol!!! after a bit of fiddle on eventually its fitted, hadta take metal frame off cd player rear end and the silver frame at front end then it fit perfect :thumbsup:

sorry didnt reply earlier, been fitting stage 2 central locking (by keyfob), and thats done so i can now lock/unlock doors via the touch of a button :D cars not so standard now :D

• 3 months later...

To breezer and anyone who could help me!

hi mate! sorry to bother u, i got the same situation as u mentioned on my car, my 02 year's yaris doesn't have a cd player so i want to fit on a aftermarket one, (single cd player) i was just wondering if the cd panel will be seen in the front? or to be hidden? also, can u help me a bit in how to add on remote central locking kit on the car! my car got central locking system but no remote control. any brand that u can recommend to me? is it easy to fit on? any suggestion from u will be highly appreciated!

theres a how to in the top of the yaris section and in there you will find a step by step guide to fitting a CD player, the face will be seen,

and get a decent aftermarket alarm, which will also operate your central locking

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links