Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ghosts!

Karma Supra

Have you encountered a Ghost? Do you believe in 'em?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Have you encountered a Ghost? Do you believe in 'em?

• Yup!!!
    • Never come in contact with one, but I believe they are there.
    • Don't be daft, no such thing!
    • They only exist as a manifestation of the deluded viewers mind!

I was looking up sleep paralysis, and waking dreams... all tallys up apart from the dent in the bed, and the heat on my face :o

he was up and about again last night... walking about downstirs and clearing glasses... (although there were no glasses to clear).

I have taken a pic of every nook and cranny of the place with my digicam.. doubt I'll see anything, but I'm about to look at the pics now.

I was chatting to the previous land lady last night too.. she says the first time she slept there, she had rearranged all the chairs, next morning they were back how they were, she had been in thee alone and all the doors were locked :thumbsup:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karma Supra

• ~Rach~

• Moffmo

• Rookey

Top Posters In This Topic

Intriguing! :P

whaddyamean :P

:lol:

How rude :P

I was looking up sleep paralysis, and waking dreams... all tallys up apart from the dent in the bed, and the heat on my face :o

I remember the first two times scared the bejesus out of me, and the third... :ph34r:

I then started searching for spooks and the like to come across 'sleep paralysis'.. Ahh, so that explains alot, still think that it's some kind of 'connection' with whatever or whomever :thumbsup:

I remeber 'looking' at myself sleeping from above, and seeing some cloaked figure reach in and grab my spine, I felt freeszing and could not move.. I then tried to speak and shout, could not, thought I was suffocating.. then let out an almighty 'Rargh!' (trying to shout but coulnt, then could!)..

The third time I thought it was a close friends brother (who had passed away, and still believe it was).. I tried to 'welcome' him (or her if it wasn't).. I was **** scared, again, couldnt move, started to burn up (heat).. then the 'person' made a quiet high pitched wine only to increase and scare the **** out of me, i asked him/her to leave.. they did, I was then able to wake up and continue to **** myself.. :huh:

I believe (where's my Scully?)

Mad? Yup

lol!! is kinda freakey!

i sleep on my stomach i cant sleep on my back unless im soooo drunk i land and sleep lol...but anyone else wake up with dead arms and cant move them?? its kinda hard getitn outta bed lol (not sayin you had that just reminded me of it)

not werid but sometimes when your on exercise in the freezin cold on stag(gaurd) at 2am etc you waitin for enemy to try bump you etc....its pitch black and you start thinkin of horror films etc! you hear all werid noises at night and imagine things movin!! things your mind deos.after i had been up for 36hours and worked well hard..i had to go on stag...it was not a tactical gaurd so i was standing with my weapon mainly to stop civvies..but i had night vision goggles on and started to halloucante (think thats correct spellin lol) i thought zombie type people were comin out of the woods to attack me....my sgt came up after hearin some noise saw me and asked to see my eat sleep card..stayed with me on stag and then i slept for a good 20 hours!!! best sleep ever!

Sleep paralysis is scary stuff, but not everything can be explained away with something logical :yes:

I should know, after all the out of body experience stuff I went through younger :ph34r:

Chappers thats really interesting :thumbsup:

Like you say it explains a lot... but doesn't cover it all..Feeling physical heat or cold is never something I have experianced in dreams, I have dreams where I'll say "it was hot, or it was cold, but never FELT it on my face!!!

It seems funny how cosistant different peoples experiances are!!! everyone says they did something to make them leave, be it ask, scream or swat and it all stops...

Its interesting that I didn't see anything, just felt its presence, and that the mrs has heard him pottering about upstairs too, so it CAN'T just be in my head!!!!

The out of body experiance is a od one tho.. never heard of that one!! that does seem more "dreamy" (it probably didn't to you!!!)

have you got any web links or anything on it???

I'm seriously edgy now!!! freak out at anything :crybaby:

Charlie, I'll send you a link when I get home later about out of body experiences. Some of the site makes for good reading. Theres a section on Lucid dreaming which might help you explain what happened :)

Wont tell you about my experiences, will make you even more scared!!

Charlie, I'll send you a link when I get home later about out of body experiences. Some of the site makes for good reading. Theres a section on Lucid dreaming which might help you explain what happened :)

Wont tell you about my experiences, will make you even more scared!!

Tell us!!!! Its what this thread is all about!!!!

Land lord and land lady are back now... they still can;t beleive it, they said they always knew he was there but he never bothers them and they never bother him... they say I must have really pee'd him off!!!!!!

I took loads of picsand there are some odd bits in them.. but I'm sure its all explainable!

Tell us!!!! Its what this thread is all about!!!!

Well its not really about ghosts, but its unexplainable.

When I was younger I used to experience the sensation of floating/flying when I was in a dreamlike state, and would wake up as I seemed to jump. I couldnt stop these events happening no matter what I did. That could be explained away with dreaming and a rush of adrenaline causing the body to shake. Fair enough.

But the night I moved into my sisters old room (I was about 12), I started having the experience of being lifted from my bed and being able to see myself below fast asleep. But I felt like something was holding me back as I tried to "return" to my body and I woke up with slight marks on my shoulders. I told my brother the next day as I was petrified. He agreed to rig up a friends camcorder to watch while slept, incase someone had come in while I slept and done something to me.

That night things took a turn for the worse, as when I tried to "return" to my body, I felt like I was being strangled and held so tight. I remember struggling free and saw these glowing red eyes in the direction I had been grabbed from. When I woke up, I had bright red marks around my neck in the shape of hands, much larger than a humans. When we watched back the video in the morning, there was nothing except the jolt before I woke up. The time stayed correct throughout so no one could have tampered with it. I had purple bruises round my neck for days afterwards, until exactly a week later when they suddenly disappeared. No fading, just suddenly gone. After that night, nothing else like that happened, and even the weird ghostly experiences we'd had in the house (hot/cold spots etc) stopped.

No one could explain it at all, not even now 8yrs on. So many people tried to come up with theories, but no one could explain it all. So Ive just got to accept that there is no explaination for it, and probably never will be.

Ok feel free to say its utter rubbish (heard that a few times!), but I wouldnt wish what happened on anyone, not even my worst enemies :ph34r:

Thats really weird!!!!!!

I'm having a convo on msn with a mate of mine, they have said similar things!!!!

There is definitely some form of consistancy!

You should chat to some of the guys I talk to. They've been through similar things to me, except they havent had the bruises etc.

One had an out of body experience and he thought he was in a forest (he lives in a city centre). When he woke, he found his feet caked in mud and leaves all across his bed :unsure:

You should chat to some of the guys I talk to. They've been through similar things to me, except they havent had the bruises etc.

One had an out of body experience and he thought he was in a forest (he lives in a city centre). When he woke, he found his feet caked in mud and leaves all across his bed :unsure:

This could be a seroius case of sleep walking, I saw it on tv once....

Bascially you can sleep but be awake....and go for walks...

On this program, some people walked for like miles, and just got home before they woke up...

My Mumand Dad friend has done it a couple of times, gone for a walk around the park lol

Not sleep walking love, thats for sure. His wife works through the night downstairs in their office. To leave the house, he would have to walk through past her, and he didnt......

Not sleep walking love, thats for sure. His wife works through the night downstairs in their office. To leave the house, he would have to walk through past her, and he didnt......

shut it,you scare me....

The first house we had together, there was a little girl kept coming into the bathroom, and would stand there smiling , First time I saw her I S**T myself ( good job I was on the toilet :eek: )

shut it,you scare me....

Did give warnings! Alot of weird stuff happens which cant be explained :unsure::ph34r:

The first house we had together, there was a little girl kept coming into the bathroom, and would stand there smiling , First time I saw her I S**T myself ( good job I was on the toilet :eek: )

LMAO! :lol:

Here's alittle link of other people's experiences..

Sleep Paralysis

Notice the 'loud noises'.. 'unable to move'.. and other consistencies..

Makes a good read, fascinating topic.. Search for Ghosts and you will regulary come up with sleep paralysis :thumbsup:

One summer I experienced a floating or flying sensation in accompaniment with the paralysis.  At the time we lived in a mobile home.  A long hallway stretched from the front to the back of the building and I could feel myself, sometimes drifting slowly along just below the ceiling.  At other times I felt like I was hurtling up and down the hallway at break-neck speed.  I was suffering from a great deal of stress at the time, and a month later was hospitalized with bleeding ulcers. Possibly the stress caused the sleep problems.

When I was a child, I remember waking up with this same sensation of paralysis, and I would also see a figure crouched beside my bed.  I would fight until I could move, and then I'd start to scream.  My dad would come in and comfort me.  He told me I'd just had a bad dream and he'd sit with me and stroke my head until I went back to sleep.  Many times, even though Dad was there, I'd still see that figure crouching by the bed.  I guess I was hallucinating.  My mother had no patience with my foolishness and swore I was putting it on to attract attention.  Not so!  I was really terrified

sounds like what rach was feeling!

Feelings of floating are frequently present, and there may even be out-of-body experiences.  Some people sense a presence in the room, near or even in the bed with them.  This presence may even seem to be evil.  Occasionally, the sleeper feels like he is being attacked, perhaps strangled or suffocated.  Imagined sexual attacks are not unknown.  These are all forms of possible hallucinations

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links