Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Alarm System

efthymiou

Hi to all members, i have just purchased a brand new RAV 4 XT3 Auto 3Dr with all the trimmings what a smart looking SUV. And i was reading the alarm manuals which stated that it was possible to activate a door locking feature so when you turn the ignition on the doors shut but it didnt say how to do it, i got in touch with my supplying dealer who said it could be done at a cost of £37.50 plus vat which i thought was cheeky considering i've just spent a large amount of money with them. Apperently the way its activated is by placing the key in the ignition and turning the ignition on and off so please if anyone knows the exact procedure i would appreciate the information thanks in advance and happy motoring....

:D I took my rav back to the service centre and they did this FOC no questions asked, it took only a matter of minutes.

This is an anti hijacking device for lady drivers really. It only works when you switch the ignition fully off then on or when you first get in the car and all doors are shut it will activate the central locking automatically.You can always reach out and press the central locking button if you want. Some countries have this as standard you should not have to pay for it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links