2 replies to this topic

#1 GT_Andy

GT_Andy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model: carina

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:21 AM

Guys,

I'm currently on the hunt for a new car, and i'm seriously thinking about the Carina 2.0 E GTi.

At the moment i have a '97 Nissan Primera 2.0 GT which is up for sale, so i'm looking for a car with around the same performance, without the same 3K price tag.

Anyway, i've been reading up on the net, and it appears that the Carina GTi had two engine variants, both 2.0i, but one has 150bhp and the other 173bhp.

Can anyone confirm the above, and if possible state which engine came with which year model.

Also, where is the best place to find one? i've looked at Autotrader and eBay but the selection in limited!!

Anyone got one for sale??

Cheers in advance guys.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dawesy

dawesy

Midlands Meet Co-ordinator

• Super Moderator
  • 4,712 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: corolla gti 3S-GTE (RIP), 1994 Rev3 MR2 Turbo, 2010 Prius T Spirit

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:23 PM

i believe the more powerful engine was fitted to the facelift model but you are correct on there being two engines fitted

#3 ~Rach~

~Rach~

TOC Horny Angel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • Gender*:Female
  • Toyota Model: Yaris & 2 Carinas

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:14 PM

The 155bhp was pre94, and the 173bhp was post94 (M reg and after) but only available as a saloon.

Best place to get them is actually on eBay (we got ours for 550 for the 155bhp) but we've seen the 173 go for 500 odd.
Think one of the guys on my site is selling his 2 gtis, or at least may be open to offers :D

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users