Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oh Dear.. Old People Should Be Banned!

BLOODUK

Near to where i live we have two roundabouts , each roundabout is on either side of the bridge over the motorway one roundabout has an onramp to the motorway and the other the off.

I was behind this old couple and they turned LEFT to go down the wrong side of the motorway, it clearly said NO ENTRY and had two no entry signs on both sides luckily a car was just about to turn onto the roundabout and waved the old guy back shouting what are you doing. The old couple just smiled as if it was a dream, can you imagine if the old couple got on the motorway going the wrong way????. This old couple looked VERY frail and in no state to drive

Yet we are penalized in insurance yet old people are let loose on our roads, Ive seen old people kill families in newspapers because they could hardly see the road :(

I agree some old people shouldn't be allowed to drive but the same goes for all age groups :yes:

I personally would love a retest system every 5 years to test that you are worthy of holding a license and hopefully a person that has retaken their test a few time's would benefit from cheaper insurance ;)

LOl... dont think I would pass my driving test now if I had to take it.. I didnt even do the theory!

I saw an old guy in town at the weekend parralell parking, he reversed into the car behind and the hit the car infront as he straigtened up... he didnt even show a reaction on his face... he got out and went shopping like its the normal thing to do. If he had hit my MR2!!!!!!

its always the old people going the wrong way on roundabouts in foriegn countries... even though the corner suggestes other wise!!

LOl... dont think I would pass my driving test now if I had to take it.. I didnt even do the theory!

I ain't on about the theory as you should all be ok on that, just driving ability should be tested every 5 year's ;)

maybe we should just tip the lot of them (wrinklies) into a active volcano and bet to see which one burns up last.

Whos going to pay the 25 pound to take a test every 5 years and install a 2nd rear view mirror etc.

However I do agree a test for when you reach 60 or a similar age?

totally agree, its not the fact that they do wrong but the fact that they are totally oblivious when they are! must just be sick of waitin for god!

Old people should be eaten! :arrgg-matey:

Or failing that, there should be somewhat tighter controls over the geriatric population's driving licenses. Maybe some more stringent testing once they get past 65 or something.

You have to re-apply for your licence at 70 but no re-test. I think there is a medical declaration but that is about it.

Remember, there wasn't a driving test when most of these olds got their licences so they have never been tested!

Remember, there wasn't a driving test when most of these olds got their licences so they have never been tested!

True... i agree on the retest, it should be just a 1hr test by examiner just to make sure you can do simple road driving but not really talking about 3 point turns though

Whos going to pay the 25 pound to take a test every 5 years..

I believe in a re-test every 2 years after 60... for free. :yes: It's harsh, but true.

Interesting suggestions, but...

...will we agree with these ideas when we are all in our 60's and 70's?

Interesting suggestions, but...

...will we agree with these ideas when we are all in our 60's and 70's?

Yes, I wouldnt want to be a liability, that's what most of this is about. If you didnt know you were unsafe, then you'd have no problems taking the test (agreeed?), the only reason peolpe dont like tests because they might fail...

Sorry to say it, but my dad is 76 and canonly see out of one eye, but he still drives every day. I've tried everything to try and get him to stop driving now, but what can you do? Then law says he can drive.

Personally, I to would like to see a retest after the age of 60.

We'll all be old one day you know, have a little respect!

I would agree with Earl, retest after 60 (or retirement age) is probably the best idea

re-testing everyone in the country every 5 years would be too much work and unnecessary I feel. Perhaps people who have been involved in excessive numbers of accidents should be re-tested?

WELL SAID YARISBOY. HAVE SOME RESPECT GUYS. THINK OF YOUR PARENTS :thumbsup:

WELL SAID YARISBOY. HAVE SOME RESPECT GUYS. THINK OF YOUR PARENTS  :thumbsup:

err i bet you wouldnt say that if the parent whiped out another family

but i totaly agree a test needs to be made at the age of 60+

I personally think everyone should be retested every few years. And yearly for BMW/Merc drivers :lol:

yes a test at 60 to narrow them down , some are really incompetant but lets not judge all by a few huh ? :thumbsup:

Saying that tho, there are some older drivers who are better than some under 30s! So surely everyone should need to do retests to reduce bad driving habits starting at a younger age :)

We'll all be old one day you know, have a little respect!

I would agree with Earl, retest after 60 (or retirement age) is probably the best idea

re-testing everyone in the country every 5 years would be too much work and unnecessary I feel. Perhaps people who have been involved in excessive numbers of accidents should be re-tested?

That would probably account fot at least 50% of 17-25 year olds. <_<

Better not go for the retirement age option....... If the government gets its way we'll all be working till we're 80. :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links