Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Would You Buy?

Chappers

I think the MX5 would be a grand old choice! Mazda has been top in customer surveys for a while now (better than toyota!!) Plus, the 5 is a very nice car... in the right colour. There are some very hot mods that can be done too!

Sounds like a good choice to me!

stay well away from the EVO - people 'claim' its in the same category as a scooby (and its always put against one), however, the scooby needs a service every 12,000 miles, the EVO, every 4K!! yep, you'll spend nearly 3 times more a year on servicing the EVO, and at £300 a pop, that aint no small thing!

The MX-5 is a good car - drop Rhaines a line as he has one at the moment.

You could probably pick up a high mileage Gen 7 celica for £6K now..

stay well away from the EVO - people 'claim' its in the same category as a scooby (and its always put against one), however, the scooby needs a service every 12,000 miles, the EVO, every 4K!! yep, you'll spend nearly 3 times more a year on servicing the EVO, and at £300 a pop, that aint no small thing!

:eek: Exactly.. Plus I probably couldn't afford to run either.

Very nice!

I wasn;t being serious about the evo, but somebody mentioned scoob, so i thought i'd be an argumentative swine! But both cost ridiculous amounts of money a year to run. An evo, based on average mileage of 12,000, and a realistic MPG figure of 15mpg, including insurance, you're looking at about £7000 a year to run it!! :eek: :o

Stick with the MX-5 (although shouldn't we be saying the MR2 since this is a Toyota owners club??!!)

you've narrowed it down to an MR2 and MX-5

you could listen to people all day telling you which one to go for, but until you test drive both you'll never know!

the mx-5 is supposed to be a beautifully balanced car to drive, and you could always get a bolt-on HKS turbine kit if you wanted more power from it :)

have a chat to some people on the mx5oc.. or indeed rhaines, his eunos is quite nice from what i've seen of it.

either way you'll have a nice car :thumbsup:

I just feel that I should own a RWD car :yes: .. I probably am set on getting an mx5, been on mx5oc (and tried to hunt down Rhaines!) (TOC website is better :brownnose: )

Cheers peeps, like I said, I'll be here for a while, didnt listen to a word you wrote (as Sam said!) but cheers anyways :P :thumbsup:

Out of the 2 (MX and MR), the MR is in my opinion the more fun of the 2 whereas the MX is a lot cheaper to run although alot less powerful.

Only thing to do now is look at your forecasted budget for the period you want to own the car for, which is exactly why I got the MX rather than a 2.

Personally think the 2 is a better car, more powerful, bigger etc... although the MX is cheap to run/insure etc, it's reliable (theres nothing really on there that can go big time) andd still a fun car to go around in...

Roof nice and quick to get up and down ( can be done easily in the car at the lights if need be without getting out :) and can be thrown around :)

If your looking for a cheap RWD car before your budget allows you to go onto the bigger more powerful RWD's defo a good choice.

The club you mentioned in your PM (not mentioning any names as to not start trouble) I find a bit cliquey and unwelcoming which is why i said enough knowledge here and of course you have the advantage you already know who's who etc...

I'll PM you my number whewn I find my phone, havent a clue what it is lol....

Doh, just realised your in Wales, give us we'll have to meet up as your likely to be just round the corner :D :D :D

I'm a bit biased towards the MX5 myself, but these would be on my shortlist:

Renault Clio Williams - IMHO one of the best hot hatches ever made, but build quality probably wouldn't be up to the standard you're used to and its still a FWD hatchback.

Nissan 200Sx - RWD + turbo = fun :D I'm constantly tempted to buy one of these and turn it into a drift car. One day...

Honda Integra Type R - I'm not a big fan of sporty FWD cars, but one of these would definitely do it for me. If insurance wasn't so silly, I'd be driving one right now.

BMW E30 M3 - bit of a leftfield choice maybe and its an oldie, but RWD fairly compact and generally regarded as a great handler. LHD only though.

Lotus Elan SE - a "head over heart" car for me, I'd much rather have an Elise if i could afford one but its supposed to be a great car and quite a bargain now.

Fiat Coupe - again not a car I could fall in love with for its looks, but a LOT of car for the money.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links