Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yts Insurance

DJNS

hey all,

just a quick question, can anyone tell me what companys are good to deal with when insuring a YTS, bearing in mind im 18, a guy, live in slough, passed 4 months ago and have tried a lot of companies, cheapest so far is £2900 FC with Zurich.... :eek:

can anyone suggest an insurance company that wont kill me. :help:

YTS, 18, Male, 0ncb, Passed 4mnths ago.. Don't make it easier for yourself!..

Pass Plus? Might be worth doing.

Try Confused.com..they'll do a search for you. :thumbsup:

LOL, and there's me complaining about having to pay for my insurance...! 220 quid for a year third party...and i only passed two weeks ago!!!

Ross

even if i had a t-sport mate the most i'd be looking at would be 500 quid...but like you said you live in UK and car crime is high there...well good luck trying to find a better quote!

Ross

even if i had a t-sport mate the most i'd be looking at would be 500 quid...but like you said you live in UK and car crime is high there...well good luck trying to find a better quote!

True, true..

tesco, elephant, adrian flux, prudential, norwich union etc etc!

All are quite good. If you intend on modifying your car, then adrian flux and elephant are the best two.

Also, ring the companies; don't use the internet... you can haggle on the phone, and 90% of the time' you'll get a better price.

Edited by seveer unaek

Liverpool victoria,

i'm 19 0nc on a yaris 1.3 t spirit £1843 with £500 excess

they wouldn't insure me on a 1.5 but it may be worth ringing to find out as they don't charge extra for mods

Liverpool victoria,

i'm 19 0nc on a yaris 1.3 t spirit £1843 with £500 excess

they wouldn't insure me on a 1.5 but it may be worth ringing to find out as they don't charge extra for mods

Mate, your paying too much. My quote with Elephant was £1100 on a T-Sport. That was when I was 19, with 0NCB.

:)

What do you expect its a T-Sport.

With 1yrs NCB in UK (being 18) it would be £1200 for me. 1 Yr really makes a huge difference.

2yrs I could get it for about £800.

These are fully comp quotes as well!

Might wanna give Lloyds Tsb a call. They gave me a quote that was a few hundred pounds cheaper than any other company. Try their website or even as suggested by some1 before, fone them. If you can haggle, you have nothing to worry about.

erm, ive tried with 1 yr ncb etc - it goes down about 100£ or so, and i live in a medium to high rated zone = SLOUGH! its not exactly the safest place to leave your car.

I live in a place called Wortley... south west of leeds, pretty bad area, just outside the centre. If the insurance was in my name, (and iv had a little bump..... dammit!!!) the cheapest i quote i got for 1.3 SR was £1900. That was with elephant... over the phone. I then tried the internet.... £2600 including 10% credit card discount. Get companies rung!!

Edited by seveer unaek

Ok im 19 was 18 when got my insurance paid £850 for 10 months bonus accelerator had 0 ncb live in aberdeen parked on street plus added the gf which brought it down by £100!!!!!! if you added your mother it would do the same. no increase in excess unlike norwich which if you go with them for 10 m ba the put it up. excess is £250 i think. fully comprehensive. from admiral!!!!! :thumbsup: and on a T-sport 2001 doing 5000miles a year. no conviction or accidents.

Yeah, was just quoted £743 for 12 months through Elephant. 0 yrs ncb. Fully Comp too. 21 years old, been driving for 3 years 7 months.

Not too bad!

But could get insured on a celica GT-4 for £1344!!! ??? How can that be??? lol :blink:

If you can say 5000 miles or less you go into the cheapest bracket, so its good if you can do that!

Not a chance!! I love driving and do it as often as i can!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links