Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering My Car! But Will It Wreck The Dampers?

richalees

Looking to lower my car by 40mm using either GMAX of PI Springs of POTN.com

Now i have read the odd comment on here that its not good for the current dampers/dampners (sp. i dunno). Is thic correct? Will they wear out quicker than with the current springs and if so how long would the they last as i dont want to do any damage to the car really.

Do you think a 40mm drop will look better than a 30mm drop on TTE which would mean i would retain the warranty? and how much should i expect to pay to have the springs fitted at my local garage?

Many Thanks

Richard

they will premature ware as they are in the bound area of the shock absorber instead of its factory limit

but its not as if they will collapse after two weeks!

the only bit thatll be void on you warrenty is your suspension as thats the bits that modified

in my experiance of lowering , comfort goes out of the window , the car becomes noisey and irritable , alas if you still go ahead with it , the ride control is more precise , the car looks the dogs danglies , get the best springs you can afford , i think a yaris needs the 40mm drop to make it worthwhile , cost should be an hours labour a spring roughly , but it can be done in 2 to 3 hours

in my experiance of lowering , comfort goes out of the window , the car becomes noisey and irritable , alas if you still go ahead with it , the ride control is more precise , the car looks the dogs danglies , get the best springs you can afford , i think a yaris needs the 40mm drop to make it worthwhile , cost should be an hours labour a spring roughly , but it can be done in 2 to 3 hours

hit the nail on the head :thumbsup:

with improved looks and handling your gonna have to sacrifice comfort

my folks wont even get in my yaris! but i love cars that way! can stand squishy rock and roll suspension

get the dampers changed at the same time..........

why do the job twice, when you can do it right, the first time

my folks wont even get in my yaris! but i love cars that way! can stand squishy rock and roll suspension

My dad loves my suspension, he wants it on his Yaris Blue! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links