Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mini Mac

Leeky

Thinking about getting one of these little beauties :D

Prices start at a mere £339 for the base model @ 1.25ghz which may sound slow compared to PC's but with them being RISC based CPU's they do things a lot quicker than a PC of the same speed.

A screen and a keyboard/mouse and your away, and the thing is only slightly bigger than a portable cd player.

I've been looking at them all day and im already sold :D - the question is does anyone know where i may get one on the cheap? Not that they are expensive but i never pay full price for anything :lol:

Cheers Peeps :thumbsup:

The trouble is with the mac mini's is that there are 'just out' so there's going to be a big rush for them.

i have also heard when Apple release the higher spec ones in 1/2 a year or so. the old ones won't be any cheaper new they will just be replaced :-(

i haven't herd of any cheap ones per say but i will keep a look out for you mate :thumbsup: have you thought about a friend in the USA shipping one over to you :D

Tim

I think the mini mac is a great idea... be warned though lol you may never use your PeeCee again! :lol: :D

I don't think you can get them cheaper anywhere else (not that I know of anyway...).

If you know a full time student or teacher you can get a higher ed. discount!

:thumbsup:

As they're still quite new over here, you'll be hard pushed to get one much below £380 for the top-spec, on eBay you're looking at around the £340 mark. It's up to you whether or not you want to take the risk. I bought my iPod on there for a fraction of the cost and everything was to my satisfaction. I would be wary of buying one and importing from the US (esp. on eBay) as the money you save could be lost if there are problems.

Mac Mini on eBay

Apple Mac Mini Info

I'll take you up to the Apple store on Regent Street for you to have a look and a play with the Mac Mini... I know you're sold already but it won't do any harm to see one "in the flesh" (gives me an excuse to drool over all those new Macs anyway :P )

I'll look forward to welcoming you to the Mac world! :thumbsup:

Mac Mini on eBay

Apple Mac Mini Info

I'll take you up to the Apple store on Regent Street for you to have a look and a play with the Mac Mini... I know you're sold already but it won't do any harm to see one "in the flesh" (gives me an excuse to drool over all those new Macs anyway :P )

I'll look forward to welcoming you to the Mac world! :thumbsup:

DON'T DO IT!! the first time i went Apple store in london i lost almost £400 but i came out with some 'must have stuff' :lol::lol:

You've been warned :-)

If you import a US mac mini it will fry when you plug it into UK mains. The power supply does not do 240v so you also need a transformer.

As for the performance, recent power chips (the mac cpu) have altivec which helps to speed up a lot of common graphic and dsp applications, so quite good performance for the money.

The downside ... it's a Mac! :D :D

You can, however, install Debian Linux if you don't mind the airport not working as that isn't supported yet.

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links