Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Sr

Nick SR

Going travelling round europe for 7 weeks, almost 8 in a few months and I sized a bit of stuff up like the tent etc and it just isn't going to work with that car.

HELP HELP HELP

:(

also need something nice and big to cruise in, going all the way through france, into spain, italy and switzerland :P

Can't wait, but there is so much to organise which i just didn't realise about.

Nick

I get a 9 man tent (7M long) 5 fold up chairs,table,camping stove, 5 fold up beds, inflatable matress, gas bottle, 5 sleeping bags, 2 wind breakers, fold up metal table,2 hampers (plates etc), pots n pans,baisin, large plastic water container (collapsable),i large suitcase, 2 medium sized hold alls,really just about everything 2 adults and 3 kids would need to go camping... all in my Yaris with he help of a roofbox

3408135A59IFN97864M.JPG

gallery_16130_91_1110908495.jpg

Remember.. we had all the equipment, 2 adults and 3 kids... why get shot of the SR??? :P

We also brough extra stuff back home (holiday souvenirs etc.

Edit: My god.. how that wee car has changed over the last few months :eek::eek:

Don't rid yourself of a wonderful little SR.... Anything can fit in them, even 6ft 3" fat knackers like myself!

Well when I go up to my caravan in North Wales for the Summer, it's a six week move rather than pack for a holiday and I get all my stuff in no problem. The corolla verso is nice though!

If you pack correctly then you will fit loads in, especially if you fold the rear seats down (or even remove them...). Probably the best solution is not to take too much stuff (clothes and the like) with you. A mate and I took his Smart Roadster Coupe round Europe for a week last year and we managed all of the essentials in the front "boot" (about 1/3 the size of the Yaris boot at its smallest) which meant we could "expand" into the rear at the end of the hols.

The Yaris will be fine. I will have mine at least half way down France (and hopefully right down to Mubikilles) in the fortnight before JAE so I hope I'm right :lol:

Have fun and good luck,

Alan

PS watch those crazy Germans on the Autobahns.... :rolleyes:

PPS The one thing we forgot to pack for the trip round Europe was a satnav system. It will be worth its weight in gold and will save on many, many of those "well you read the f***ing map then" moments - especially if you're with your girlfriend.

thanks for all the advice

Do have the roof bars and boot (loaned off the parents) but am not impressed with the way it sits on the 3 door. Its really far forward due to the mounting brackets

and the SR doesn't feel to have a lot of power, and won't enjoy cruising along in it, seems everytime i get to a hill i need to change gear to maintain speed (BTW i am used to a bigger car, and bigger engine)

Still not sure whats happening

I regularly use the yaris for camping - only issue I have isnt the space - its the noise the exhaust makes when I arrive late on in a family campsite...

Back with another suggestion - why not try and stay off the motorways and stuff as much as possible? Take the Routes National through france, go over the various passes through the Alps into Switzerland and Italy... I take the time to enjoy the drive and cover a shorter distance rather than blatting everywhere flat out.

That's the mistake I've always made in the past and each time I promise I won't take the easy way out and each time I stick to the Autoroutes :rolleyes:

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links