Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Part Number For 2002 Rav4

ahmurray

Hi People - I am considering fitting sat nav to my 2002 Rav4 5 door. I have seen a few advertised on eBay, but not sure which system is the correct one for my car - is it the TNS 200?

Please could anyone confirm. Also, the Radio has all the buttons for the sat nav, so I assume I just need the autochanger and this would just plug in - can anyone confirm it is that simple?

Cheers,

Ali

• 4 weeks later...
Hi People - I am considering fitting sat nav to my 2002 Rav4 5 door.  I have seen a few advertised on ebay, but not sure which system is the correct one for my car - is it the TNS 200?

Please could anyone confirm.  Also, the Radio has all the buttons for the sat nav, so I assume I just need the autochanger and this would just plug in - can anyone confirm it is that simple?

Cheers,

Ali

Hi Ali,

I pick up my Rav4 VX on Thursday this week :) - it has the satnav fitted, so will checkout the model number and post it for you.

Cheers,

Phil.

Hi People - I am considering fitting sat nav to my 2002 Rav4 5 door.  I have seen a few advertised on ebay, but not sure which system is the correct one for my car - is it the TNS 200?

Please could anyone confirm.  Also, the Radio has all the buttons for the sat nav, so I assume I just need the autochanger and this would just plug in - can anyone confirm it is that simple?

Cheers,

Ali

Hi Ali,

I pick up my Rav4 VX on Thursday this week :) - it has the satnav fitted, so will checkout the model number and post it for you.

Cheers,

Phil.

Cheers Phil - look forward to hearing from you. Hope you are pleased with your new VX.

Have you tried the replacement part to get the rear door to open fully? - I installed it at the weekend - only took 15 mins and makes a big difference. Details are on this forum of how to get the part.

Cheers,

Ali

Cheers,

Ali

Hi Ali,

Cheers,

Phil.

Cheers Phil - look forward to hearing from you. Hope you are pleased with your new VX.

Have you tried the replacement part to get the rear door to open fully? - I installed it at the weekend - only took 15 mins and makes a big difference. Details are on this forum of how to get the part.

Cheers,

Ali

I've been reading the posts on the forum - upto page 27 of 34 so far....... When I test drove the RAV last Thursday, I am pretty sure that the rear door opened fully :) so I presume the previous owner did the modification. I am very interested though in fitting hi-bright red led's to the end so that when opened it is a little bit more visible.

Also got some ideas on making a new parcel shelf..... When I get the RAV and get it sussed out - will post my results / photos etc.

Cheers for now,

Phil

PS. 3pm tomorrow seems ages away........... ;)

Hi there, just signed onto here, not because i have a toyota but because i work for them, at the import centre in portbury and i think i might be able to help you guys out with any problems you might have, atleast some if not all!

and with respect to the cd changer, it is a simple case of plugging it straight into the stereo (should only fit in one place) you'll probably have to remove a plug from the stereo which then connects to the autochanger loom! hope this helps!

Hi there, just signed onto here, not because i have a toyota but because i work for them, at the import centre in portbury and i think i might be able to help you guys out with any problems you might have, atleast some if not all!

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Hey Leegit - that's a big welcome to the Forum - I have a feeling your going to get busy answering all our queries :D

Hey Leegit - that's a big welcome to the Forum - I have a feeling your going to get busy answering all our queries  :D

will certainly try my best, not to good with the mechanical side of things, i mainly install alarms, sat nav, stereos, and other usual upgrades!

Hi Ali

i fitted a tns200 sat nav to my 2002 gx you have to get the wiring loom & the gps antenna as well .as far as installing it ,its relatively easy to do most wires are just plug in and the others have clips on them to press onto existing wires i have the installation guide on my pc if you need it leave your e-mail address and i'll get it to you.

Got my Rav4 now :) v.happy with it......

Ali,

The SatNav installed didn't come with an instruction book :( so I took some photos of the unit showing the front and the label on the back of the unit.

http://www.spips.co.uk/images/dscn6543sm.jpg

http://www.spips.co.uk/images/dscn6544sm.jpg

Hope these are of some use.

Def. got to get the rear door sorted out, as our driveway is steep and the flippin thing won't stay open on it's own!!

Cheers,

Phil.

Got my Rav4 now :)  v.happy with it......

Ali,

The SatNav installed didn't come with an instruction book :( so I took some photos of the unit showing the front and the label on the back of the unit.

http://www.spips.co.uk/images/dscn6543sm.jpg

http://www.spips.co.uk/images/dscn6544sm.jpg

Hope these are of some use.

Def. got to get the rear door sorted out, as our driveway is steep and the flippin thing won't stay open on it's own!!

Cheers,

Phil.

BTW. Just found out that this is in fact the TNS200 model - the CD in it said so!  I was given a TNS300 DVD by the dealer, but this unit didn't recognise it, so theyve swapped it back for the updated TNS200 version.

• 4 weeks later...
i fitted a tns200 sat nav to my 2002 gx you have to get the wiring loom & the gps antenna as well .as far as installing it ,its relatively easy to do most wires are just plug in and the others have clips on them to press onto existing wires i have the installation guide on my pc if you need it leave your e-mail address and i'll get it to you.

Chris,

Any chance you could send a copy of the installation guide to me at

rav4 AT hopley.freeserve.co.uk ( change AT to @)

ta,

Mark

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links