Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lower T Sport, Herd Clunkin Noise,u'll Never Guess

admanirv

ABout a 5 weeks ago i got my yaris t sport lowered, about a week later i heard a clunking noise. I thought id take the wheel off and have a look myself this weekned. people said it was just the springs needing to settle - this wasnt the case.

MY GOD!!..i cant transfer pictures off my phone but the is two bolt right at the bottom of the shock actaully its not part of the shock the 2 bolt sit behind the caliper.

BOTTOM OF SHOCK

[ ]

[ ]

[ ]

=== - bolt

[ ]

[ ]

=== - bolt

[ ]

WHeel

the first nut on the bolt wasnt tightned corectly, and the second bolt was half way in with no nut on it - im thinking this has come off.

When i tightened the top nut and bolt and screwed the bottom bolt in and put wheel back on, the clunking has gone now. though i still need a nut for the bottom.

Any one has any suggestion for what i should do or ask for do? Im short of cash this month, so i think i can get another nut and fix it my self

IM SO ANNOYED AS THIS COULD OF CAUSED A SERIOUS ACCIDENT!

thing is this was done a reptuaable garage in cumbria "gates", but i live in portsmouth at the moment, so travelling there isnt feasible.

professional garage i dont think so.

Ring them up and explain whats just happened, say you would like some money back or you will take legal action becuase they could have cuased an accident and didnt show professional standards....

Worth a try !

Ring them up and explain whats just happened, say you would like some money back or you will take legal action becuase they could have cuased an accident and didnt show professional standards....

Worth a try !

i just cant believe it, i dont know the name of the bit where to bolts go into, but this shouldnt of happened.

Sounds to me like someone forgot to torque the bolts up.

From your description (I've never taken a yaris appart) they've not done the bolts up on the suspension struts.

Sounds to me like someone forgot to torque the bolts up.

From your description (I've never taken a yaris appart) they've not done the bolts up on the suspension struts.

So can i just a buy another nut and and tighten myself?

i tighhten the top one and clunking noise went.

regards

DO NOT DRIVE WITHOUT GETTING ANOTHER NUT

thats real dangerous good job you checked it although it is said to check nuts 48hrs after refitting they can work loose sometimes its happened to me before the same nuts in question infact

DO NOT DRIVE WITHOUT GETTING ANOTHER NUT

thats real dangerous good job you checked it although it is said to check nuts 48hrs after refitting they can work loose sometimes its happened to me before the same nuts in question infact

thanks for that info mate, but i need my car to get to work, its been ok so far.

Ive been thinking i have been driving with it like that for 2-3 week or so?

If i buy a nut and tighten my self will it be okay after that?. i presume it will?

yeah just make sure its real tight,

and keep checking on it if your using it at the moment

If you purchase a nut and tighten it up yourself it will be fine, you'll need to torque it up to the relevant setting as per the haynes manual.

DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR WITHOUT THE NUT IN THE SUSPENSION STRUT!

You aren't only risking your own life, but the life of others if it causes an accident.

Don't be a fool - get a bus until its sorted.

That takes the biscuit really dont it! If thats simply down to mechanic error, it just goes to show how much pride they must take in there work!

Do these not have nylock nuts? if so, did they put new nylock nuts on when they changed the suspension.. they should have.

Phone the garage up and ask to speak to the MANAGING DIRECTOR.. if he/she isn't available, ask for whover is in the highest position in the company that is there.. then tell this person that there has been a SERIOUS problem regarding work carried out on your car and you want the MANAGING DIRECTOR to contact you as a matter of urgency.. if he/she doesn't contact you within 24 hours, phone back and ask again.. if the owner still isn't there, ask for a contact number, if you don;t get one, tell them that the MANAGING DIRECTOR must contact you before the close of buisiness that day to avoid possible legal consequencies.

Hopefully the managing director will contact you.. tell him/her what has happened and how much of a danger you were put in, tell him you haven't had satisfaction from the service provided and you feel it isn't up to a fair standard, and that you have lost faith in his garage and won't go back.Ask him if he is prepared to offer you anything for your inconvience and expence, (getting the bus/taxi.. and another garage fixing the problem)

Go to another garage 1st though, get them to look at it and tell you what the problem is, and how it could have happened... tell them you carried the work out yourself, is it anything "you" have done wrong? once you have this information.. use it against the other garage (this way you will know what you are talking about.. names of parts etc)

thank you guys for all help i have retificed the problem the other garage has told me what they did wrong and the one were i got the springs fitted has agreed to foot the bill.

They simply didnt tighten up the bolts plus the guy put a washer locking nut thing on too.

just shows you need to be careful guys, this could of been the second i wrote a car off in 6 months.

take care guys, i think i was lucky too as the wheel could of fallen off!

Here where we again get into some difficulties. based on the springs getting fitting in cumbria (my parents home) and me living in portsmouth.

When i got my t sport lowered, it was springs i had already bought, and the garage (cumbria) usually dont do fit parts customers buy, so they said they did me a good deal.

now there were 3 guys working on this, it took about an hour and cost me £75 including fitting and tracking.

I spoke to the guy who originally fit them and he said he would refund half of the £52 inc vat it costed just to fit them.

Now, the garage here in portsmouth recified the problem it took them about 40mins to find bolt fit and check both sides. the bill came to £42.70.

Undoubtably the garage back home will grumble at this and the moment i havent faxed the bill to them.

I must admit the garage in cumbria were quite symphetic, especially when i said i have bough tyres for many years and then this happens

would should i ask for, full money??? should i accept just the £25 odd or expect them to pay the full £42, there likely to ring up the garage here - allthough the guy here said thats fine he will speak to them.

thanks in advance

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links