Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Gti 16 Twincam

shabba_uk

whos got 1 on this forum. i am looking to buy something like a h/j reg. but cant seem to find once. any1 kno any goin cheap. willing to spend the money if its needs some work doing. any1 selling one on here. let me kno cheers

shoaib_khan@hotmail.co.uk

Hi there and welcome :thumbsup:

A few needing work do appear on eBay from time to time for a a few hundred quid.

If you do decide to buy one beware of corrosion, some have rusted very badly and other hardly at all :wacko:

Main points to watch when viewing to buy are:

BODYWORK

Front wings

Rear wheel arches

Sunrood

Tailgate

Around Windscreen

Back of sills (structual MOT fail item)

Rear suspension strut mount turrets (structual MOT fail item)

Fuel filler pipe rottern (not much use when trying to fill with petrol)

MECHANICAL

Ineffective handbrake due to seized rear calipers

'Jumping' out of 5th on very high milers

Also I don't know how old you are but check insurrance premiums :ph34r:

Despite what I have listed the Corolla GTi is a very reliable and well made car considering it's age (the interiors were superb, 7 dial dash etc.) also the 1600 4AGE Twincam engine is a cracker.

I like 'em, so much so i've had mine for 12 years :lol:

mine might be for sale if you can find £22,000

open to good offers, especially as shes just had all new belts, courtesy of the father in law....

Hi Dawsey what is 3s-gte

I know i'm not Dawsey but:

It's a 2ltr 16v Turbo engine out of an MR2 Mk2. RAW POWER!!

I think it was also in the old Celica Turbo's as well!

The 3s-ge was the 2ltr 16v engine from a UK Spec MR2 Mk2. It was the 4a-ge that was in the MR2 Mk1 and Corolla AE82, 86, 92. Although I think the AE86 one was 20v instead of 16v for the AE82 and 92. Plus you've got the 4a-gze which was in the MR2 Mk1 SC. basicly it had a supercharger wacked on top of the 4a-ge.

I think that just about covers it all?! :thumbsup:

Although I think the AE86 one was 20v instead of 16v for the AE82 and 92.

AE86 '4AGE' Motor was basically the same (16v) as AE82 and AE92 (give or take a bit of bhp) for UK Spec versions. In fact in standard form AE86 is actually slower than AE82 and AE92 due to certain amount of HP being lost down the prop (rear wheel drive), but as we know it offers a lot more fun and potential :lol:

Although I think the AE86 one was 20v instead of 16v for the AE82 and 92.

AE86 '4AGE' Motor was basically the same (16v) as AE82 and AE92 (give or take a bit of bhp) for UK Spec versions. In fact in standard form AE86 is actually slower than AE82 and AE92 due to certain amount of HP being lost down the prop (rear wheel drive), but as we know it offers a lot more fun and potential :lol:

you barley loose any bhp for the rear wheel drive as 'overall' the AE86 weighs nothing compared to an AE92 they are soooooo light you wouldnt believe it.

Unity Jon Posted Yesterday, 08:58 PM

you barley loose any bhp for the rear wheel drive as 'overall' the AE86 weighs nothing compared to an AE92 they are soooooo light you wouldnt believe it.

I remember back in the early 90's when My friends and I all had a 4AGE powered Toyota Corolla - a AE82 GT, 2 AE86 RWD GT's (£800 for the one and £1500 for the other, but they were starting to rust on the rear arches even back then) and 2 AE92 GTi's.

We found the slowest was the AE86's, the AE82 GT's were quickest on acceleration and the AE92 GTi's best for handling and comfort and interior quietness.

They were our deductions ...of all this lot only my GTi survives ...I think!

• 9 years later...

I have an E reg 87 white toyota corrolla GTi for sale. It is in fantastic condition but may need a good service.

Is anyone interested?

Photos can be forwarded if required.