Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Conversion

Wardo75

I recently blew the engine in my 1993 Gxi corolla and am thinking of fitting a 1994 celica engine. Does anyone know if this is possible and what work is involved......? Or ould anyone reccommend a different engine to fit?

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated

many thanks

Pretty sure the Celica engine would be a fairly simple replacement

How did you manage to blow the engine up in the first place? :huh:

ive had a few before and they burn oil when drivin hard..... forgot to check her for oil and she ran low. Big end bearnings have gone..... could be fixed i suppose but want somethin different. I know a silvertop/black top engine fits but i can get a celica engine cheap.....do u know if its been done before? im sure it has somewhere.......

hello people and happy new year. I know i've not been around for a while new job, xmass and all. Anywayyysss

Your question about a celica engine in a gxi .... thats whats in mine ;) 7AFE drops stright in no probs. In fact just now i'm building a hybrid 7AGE just got the crank back in and pistons should go in tomorrow. Wont be long now :drool:

which engine the 7afe?or 3sgte

1800cc,7afe

Thats the same engine that came out isnt it?

Yould be better off with a 4age plant.

nah stuff in a 3S-GTE while your at it :P

7afe? thats not guna have much more power then your gxi (118hp)

The 3sge has 174hp which would be your best bet if itll fit and you wont have to change tooo much where as if you do 1 like dawseys 3sgte your looking at 1000's, and the 3sge shouldnt cost too much either

7afe? thats not guna have much more power then your gxi (118hp)

The 7afe is in the GXI :wacko: should be the same power :thumbsup:

so will a 174bhp celica engine fit straight in???? There is a guy in the south of ireland has put a MR2 turbo engine in his gxi but im assuming it involves some work. I just want a simple conversion with a bit of power gain......

so will a 174bhp celica engine fit straight in???? There is a guy in the south of ireland has put a MR2 turbo engine in his gxi but im assuming it involves some work. I just want a simple conversion with a bit of power gain......

The 3sge will fit, but would require some work, your 'simple conversions' will have to be any of the 'a' series engines, which leaves you with the existing 7afe, 4age, and 4agze :drool: all of those should fit...

If you were to go with a 3sge, IMO it would be much better to go the whole hog and fit the 3sgte :yes:

HTH :thumbsup:

I've seen an AE92 with a 3S-GE in it - didn't get the chance to drive it but had plenty of torque and went well. DOne by the guy who did my 4A-GZE conversion - I believe it went to Scotland

well once I get my 7AGE put together I'm sure it will keep my car happy enough, using the 4AGE pistons. I hope for around 150bhp and a bucket load of torque when done :drool:

and IF she can handle more power I'll throw a 20v head or a turbo at it and see what happens, but that would be wwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyyy in the future due to lack of funds :crybaby:

But dude if you are looking for a 'quick' upgrade for your engine just get a 4AGE (non-tvis) engine that will do the trick and keep the cost down, everything else will fit. 8000rpm ;) all the way.

TBH there is no more work fitting the 3S-GTE than the 3S-GE. both will need ne mounts making up and the loom adapting but the gains from the GTE are HUGE!

the 7A-FE will go in with less mods but the gains will be minimal

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links