Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Corolla

Wilmot99

Hi,

I'm new to the forum as i am getting a new 1.6 T3 corolla in a months time.

I was just wandering if u have to run the engine in i.e keep it under 3000 revs for the first few hundred miles.

I've been asking friends and they all say something different

I would suggest you keep the revs down for around 1000 miles :thumbsup:

ok cheers.

btw is the performance for this car good. was thinking of getting a 1.6 206, but after having my old 206 for a year and having god knows how many problems with it i decided to got for a corolla.

Good decision???

ok cheers.

btw is the performance for this car good. was thinking of getting a 1.6 206, but after having my old 206 for a year and having god knows how many problems with it i decided to got for a corolla.

Good decision???

imo yes! :D The Rolla is gonna be better than a 206 :yes: A mate of mine has got a 2001 206 and has just had to have a recon gearbox fitted after just 37k :eek:

As for the performance, 0-60 is in high 9s, and its got 109bhp :thumbsup:

Its a good idea to keep the revs down for the first 1000 miles. Helps the engine wear in. I have a 1.4 T3 and it goes well so the 1.6 will be even better.

Oh and welcome to TOC.

The Handbook says about avoiding harsh acceleration or braking in the first 1000 miles. I have also heard that the occasional reving to higher revs (e.g. 5k) can help - but only about 10 times in this period at most, and not straight in a row.

David.

Drive it like it was new for a long time......but seriousely use the gearbox a little more than you would if it was a year old.....all the parts and gears still have to be meshed together. :yes:

Good choice mat take a look at my homepage i have a E12 3 doors from 2005 1600 engine :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links