Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris Brochure .....

DaveSR

Received mine today in the post and lets say I was a little shocked!

53 pages of the yaris and 7 pages full of accessories :eek: !

It contains some good photos and LOTS of information!

There's no information about a TS or a yaris having a bigger engine than the 1.3 ..... so I guess those who want the new yaris, the brochure's out now :thumbsup: !

I've got the mini-brochure - 2 of! :D

Not seen the full brochure yet - might have to call Suzanne and ask her for one - we were at Toyota at the weekend too.... dammit!

Sounds like a good read anyway - and seems Paris Hilton proof.... lots of photos! :lol::lol:

Not seen the full brochure yet - might have to call Suzanne and ask her for one - we were at Toyota at the weekend too.... dammit!

Sounds like a good read anyway - and seems Paris Hilton proof.... lots of photos! :lol::lol:

Well I must be the first :D !

I had the mini brochure ..... I was also at Mr T on Sunday and they only had the mini brochure, so either they were out on Monday or somebody posted one to me by mistake :unsure: ?

I knew I was Special :lol::lol: :P

I got the beastie too! A lot of the "innovative" ideas are just the same on the old yaris though :S it says stuff like "Another ingenious idea: the storage compartments beside the centre console." :P big heads! The centre dash lots pretty ugly and the rest of it pretty plain (which i think i like) The nice bit in the centre is the nice round dials but above that its just sharp ugly rectangles!

Push buttons and keyless entry seems a bit gimicky and only available on the Tspirit as if its a huge reason to pay more? would of rather had a sports pack and larger engine! I like the fact the T3 cd player can play MP3 and WMA files. Helpful that. O and T3 up also have 6 speaker package at last!

The sports pack this time is truly weak! The alloys aint nicer than the tspirits imo and the spoiler is almost non existant! o and an oddly pointed chrome exhaust trim. Those 3 items are what compile the "sports pack" THAT IT!

Loadsa rubbish in there and the 3 door is still the only one worth buying look wise and yes i would say the diesel Tspirit is the best choice! (T3 if your not fussed about climate control or the nicer alloys) O and in black as the 3 door black car featured in the brochure is pretty yummy. Diesel because: quicker to 60, most hp, most torque, highest mpg (overall winner then :P) Toyota should know they have done something wrong when the top of their range is a diesel!

The plus side is the booklet smells nice :D

Well I must be the first :D !

I had the mini brochure ..... I was also at Mr T on Sunday and they only had the mini brochure, so either they were out on Monday or somebody posted one to me by mistake :unsure: ?

I knew I was Special :lol::lol: :P

Hey - you're very Special Dave.... ;)

Were you at Listers Cov or Nuneaton?

Is it just me or coincidence that the only people that received brochures were called dave :P I could say it was due to alphabetical but toyota thinks my name starts with a J :P Possibly done by location Alphabeticalness as i live in aylesbury and dave in coventry!

My name's Alan and I got mine too. :unsure:

Smart publication despite some obvious photoshoppery. Check out how low the T-Spirits on pages 50 & 51 sit though... ;)

Couple of nice 15" alloy wheel options I notice. Should fit "our" yaris too :yes:. I also Notice that "Lowering Springs" and TTE bodykit parts are listed as available but not shown, along with a couple of 16" wheel options.

Readng through it I see "armrest centre console box" too...

Funky stuff - all is not lost, naysayers ;)

:thumbsup:

A

edit: Have just noticed "Sport silencer, chrome" as distinct from "Rear chrome garnish"...

Edited by alanbradley

yeah didnt notice the TTE parts as they are only listed at the back not shown (bit dissapointing in a book this big!) Yeah the centre box is a nice idea but nothing to inspire you to buy a new yaris over your old one i wouldnt say. Its close to being upgrade worthy for those current owners but theres nothing that really grabs me! Again its between the corolla and the Aygo which is a market space which doesnt really need filling. If you want a small car you get the aygo, you dont get a car that is as big as the new yaris. If your buying a bigger car you want one with the umph to power it so you buy a corolla. I suppose for the people who want a town car but still have kids you may buy this. I still think it appeals to a person who just does kid runs and shopping while the other person is at work :P It isn't really totally suitable for a main car position is what i think im trying to say.

Growing on me looks wise outside but inside i think it looks nasty still. I dunno maybe its an aquired taste. Hasn't done too badly in the reports i've noticed.

I disagree.

The Yaris suits me down to the ground as I need a car that for just me most of the time, but with the ability to carry stuffaround too. I do a high mileage and long journeys (150 miles each way is no big deal to me) so the Aygo is too tinny (although perfect if I did most of my driving in a 25 mile radius) and, for day to day, the Corolla would be too big and uneconomical.

Add in the fact that they new D-4D is more powerful as standard (at the moment its the "performance" option) and you've pretty much got me sold.

I see the gap in the market and I've also seen the excellent reviews.

:thumbsup:

A

Nuneaton ...... they're my favourite :bag: !

The new yaris has been designed to fill the G A P between the aygo and the Corolla ...... shame hey :( !

But it's still a good motor - although I would buy the diesel :thumbsup:

Nuneaton ...... they're my favourite :bag: !

The new yaris has been designed to fill the G A P between the aygo and the Corolla ...... shame hey :( !

But it's still a good motor - although I would buy the diesel :thumbsup:

Hey - I feel a mini meet coming on at Nuneaton... me, you & Lee! :thumbsup: I've not been to Listers Nuneaton yet - the fact its the same company as the one in Cov put me off slightly!

Its right by George Eliot isnt it?

I'd like to test drive the diesel I think, see what its like.... I might be converted to the dark side... :lol:

Hey - I feel a mini meet coming on at Nuneaton... me, you & Lee! :thumbsup: I've not been to Listers Nuneaton yet - the fact its the same company as the one in Cov put me off slightly!

Its right by George Eliot isnt it?

I'd like to test drive the diesel I think, see what its like.... I might be converted to the dark side... :lol:

Yep right by George Eliot!

The guys are nice there, I get on well with them and they have given me lots of discounts without asking, where as Mr T in Coventry said they couldn't even do me a 2% discount :disgust:

The new yaris diesel has more power/grunt than the 1.3 and your be getting silly mpg which is a bonus!

If only I had a few more £££ I would buy the new yaris diesel rather than the equiv Corolla!

I dunno as you can get the Corolla 1.4 D-4D that is admitedly slower to 60 but has 58mpg. The price isn't far off either with the yaris being around £9k-£13k and the Corolla starting at £11.6k they are almost competing with themselves it seems. The new yaris is 3.75m long and the corolla 4.18m long! not much in it! (basically a 30cm ruler!) This is why i think if you want a big car you get the corolla as if your spending that much you may aswell get your 30cm worth!

Is it really worth updating from your current yaris to the new one though alan as you wont really gain that much for that much money. As economy is pretty darn good on D4D already and you got more space than an aygo.

Anyway im probably just biased as i dont think it suits my needs. I am only voicing an opinion at the end of the day and its open to criticism!

EDIT:

One last moan, kerb weight figure for 5 door hatchback corolla is 1,255kg for 1.4D4D and the new yaris 5 door D4D kerb weight is 1,115kg! so close again!

• 4 weeks later...

I got my Big (Not HUGE) Yaris poster in Fridays post.

It was folded up into a small envelope

BIG SMALL...................I suppose ;) :yes:

Clever marketing...................they enclosed a question sheet if I wanted a brochure....................but I have already beat them to that (I asked for and received my brochure a couple of weeks ago).

Next thing is a test drive.......................Hmmmmm :thumbsup:

Yeah i got this poster this morning and found if kind of useless as already had the huge book/leaflet about the new yaris and i dont want one anyway was just asking about them :P keep getting letters saying its time for my test drive and that i should book one! Plus they get my name wrong every time! :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links