Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Guys

viperroom_112

Hey guys !!!! I really hope someone can help!!

Now last night I was out with friends , I was playing some music , not too loud ! And the glass in my rear view mirror started vibrating REALLY LOUDLY , as a result if I am playing music with a bit of bass I need to hold the rear view to stop it making such a noise ! Any suggestions on how this can be fixed!!!

Also last night I was looking at the bonnet of my car and I realised their are loads of tiny , yet highly noticeable scratches on the bonnet ! I used some of this stuff , and a wax , but it doesnt seem to have any effect! Any techniques or ideas how to get these annoying scratches out my Yaris ???

David

Tcut

t-cut rapid scratch remover

(4th one down-T-CUT Rapid scratch remover)

i dont know maybe i am not rubbing for long enough or in the right way , Any tips help please :help::thumbsup:

I don't know about the first one, not being one to pump out "choonz" :P

Your Yaris is black, isn't it? The marks on the bonnet are stone chips - probably thousands of thm if my experiences are anything to go by... Get yourself a touch-up kit from Mr T for the bigger ones to stop serious rust, but otherwise there isn't really much you can do bar a respray...

:thumbsup;

Alan

I don't know about the first one, not being one to pump out "choonz" :P

Your Yaris is black, isn't it? The marks on the bonnet are stone chips - probably thousands of thm if my experiences are anything to go by... Get yourself a touch-up kit from Mr T for the bigger ones to stop serious rust, but otherwise there isn't really much you can do bar a respray...

:thumbsup;

Alan

hehe Thanks , I had a look , and it doesnt appear to be stone chips , more like long scratches , that are not that deep ! ! I believe they are from the brushes at a local car wash , or even worse ! from the hose for the pressure washer , when it falls against the car !!!

Thanks anyway Alan

David

anser to the first one the mounts worn on the rear view mirror i had it in my 1.0l think jaxx witnessed the movement of it too,

best bet is to put some thick grease in the pivots,

the marks can be from a sponge use a wash mitt and it wont happen again,

as for removal use Meguiars scratch x highly reccommended by alot of people

The rear-view vibrates on all our cars if we have haevy bass... but iv never heard it rattle... whack some gunk on it!

Can you feel the scratches? If you can then it's tough luck im afraid... not much will get them out very much.

If you can't feel them, the scratch-X is an excellent product. The way to use it best is to use a proper applicator pad, and smear it on going across the scratch... rub it fairly hard, then polish up with a decent cloth, either autoglym or meguires perfect polishers are great. Then do the same again and finally use some proper polish, like autoglym's Super Resin or Ultra Deep shine (if it's a dark car) then apply some wax like meguires gold class or better. This should hopefully get them out.

What Seveer said plus never take T Cut to your car again! If your car is metallic, you are rubbing off the clear lacquer coat that covers the black and... it isn't very thick. :nono:

Right Guys , Thanks , I am on the Ball now !!! I will give it a go . I tell you what Toyota owners club is amazing, so much so I think I might go gold in the next month or so !!!! :thumbsup::yes:

After reading what Al said about t-Cut I wish i hadnt done this now but when I had the T3 I scraped it on the side of the garage door in a panic to put it away once, I used T-Cut and it removed the bulk of them..luckily they werent that deep but they were visible and it got rid of about 70% of them straight after doing it. Meguairs Scratch-X has had good reviews on here before I think too, can be pricey compared to some other makes but it's worth a try?

Yeah I have Scratch X for some of the swirls on my bonnet - it wasnt cheap, but I hear its good stuff - I got it before JAE last year and I still havent used it! :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links