• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bartholdy

bartholdy

• Registered Member
  • 13 posts
  • Toyota Model: Landcruiser

Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:56 PM

I have a 1996 Landcruiser/Prado with a 3 litre diesel engine. The dashboard warning light 'T-BELT' came on at 90,000 Km. I have put a new belt on - easy peesy! Does anyone know how I can reset the warning light?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stevetubbyturbo

stevetubbyturbo

Top Rank Poster!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Toyota Model: Hilux surf / ford transit connect

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:08 PM

I have a 1996 Landcruiser/Prado with a 3 litre diesel engine. The dashboard warning light 'T-BELT' came on at 90,000 Km. I have put a new belt on - easy peesy! Does anyone know how I can reset the warning light?

Have you got a rubber grommet in the instrument display (where the speedo and tacho is) about at the same level as the trip meter reset?

If yes then remove the grommet and there is a very small button if you take the insert out of a biro pen and just press the small button that should reset the T-belt light

HTH

#3 bartholdy

bartholdy

• Registered Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:04 PM

Have you got a rubber grommet in the instrument display (where the speedo and tacho is) about at the same level as the trip meter reset?

If yes then remove the grommet and there is a very small button if you take the insert out of a biro pen and just press the small button that should reset the T-belt light

No there is no grommet but thanks anyway. Anyone else got any ideas ?

HTH

#4 Andy

Andy

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Hilux Surf 1996 SSR-G Intercooler

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:46 AM

You need to remove the dash and swop this screw into the other hole. Posted Image

Also the light should come on at 100,000km, this could indicate that your speedo has been clocked.

#5 bartholdy

bartholdy

• Registered Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 10:08 AM

You need to remove the dash and swop this screw into the other hole. Posted Image

Also the light should come on at 100,000km, this could indicate that your speedo has been clocked.

Thank you for the inf. I will let you know if it works. I like your picture, I have a 4 year old golden ret. bitch

#6 bartholdy

bartholdy

• Registered Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:53 PM

Thank you for the inf. I will let you know if it works. I like your picture, I have a 4 year old golden ret. bitch

I have just successfully reset the T-Belt light using your instructions. MANY THANKS

#7 GT4 BOOSTER

GT4 BOOSTER

Top Rank Poster!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Toyota Model: vw passat 1.9 tdi 130 bhp 96 kw , previous motors, 1995 hilux surf , 1995 celica gt4 st205 , 1994 celica gt.

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:57 AM

if you move the screw to position 2 does it stay there for good , or does it reset first then move the screw back to postion 1. thanks.

#8 Andy

Andy

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Toyota Model: Hilux Surf 1996 SSR-G Intercooler

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:09 PM

I think you just leave it there.

#9 mickey5

mickey5

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Toyota Model: colorado

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:35 PM

if you move the screw to position 2 does it stay there for good , or does it reset first then move the screw back to postion 1. thanks.

you have to leave the screw in the new position until the TB light comes on again after 100000 km.

#10 Wallabs

Wallabs

• Registered Member
  • 10 posts
  • Toyota Model: Hilux Surf 2.4 TD SSR-X

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:43 PM

Hi all,

I just got my T-belt sign turned on, at 200 000km.

The thing is, I just bought the car... (at 199400km), so I don't know if it was changed...

Mind you, I can always call the previous owner, but he got it at 185 000km.

(The guy is a sales man in africa, bringing back models from Japan after transformation in Dubai)...

Anyhow I'll check...

Since I don't have a user or repair manual, I don't really know what is the "timing belt" (?!)

Is it just the belts in front of the radiator that activate the AC, the Dynamo etc... Or is it the distribution belt?

Is there anything I should do, having reached 200 000km?

Thanks for your help.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users