Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noisy Gearbox

Toyyaris

hi, i'm new to the forum as i've just been given my granddad '04 Yaris T3!!!!

one thing i've noticed, although being a great drive, is the gearbox sounds very knocky when i change gear.....

i don't have any problem selecting gears, it just feels and sounds bad when i change gear or just simply check to see if i'm in neutral.

should the gearbox be like this or should it be pretty quiet??

other than gearbox issue, is a great little car. gets a bit of getting used to subtle changes such as higher driving position and dashboard position but i love the digital read out!!!!

i've got the 1.3 as well and have to say i am very impressed with the speed of it!!!

hope someone can help with gearbox issue...

thanks

First Welcome to the club and congratulations on your new car :thumbsup:

I guess I can say that the yaris gear box is a bit notchy compared to other cars I have driven. I have got used to it now but once in a while I do tend to grind it a little :lol::lol:

Sometimes reverse is hard to find but it gets there eventually!

Yes they are noisy and crunchy at times and in cold weather difficult to select until the oil is warm especially reverse. but they are a great box and when the timimg is right they can be quite quiet.

Yep mines is (and always has been) notchy. You dont really appreciate it until you drive another car - I use hire cars through work from time to time and they feel naff compared.

Also a short shifter will increase the 'notchiness'

:yes: Its safe to say theyre alll clunky! My grandad has a corolla and his is clunky aswell! :lol::thumbsup:

Welcome to the club!!

If it won't go into reverse, stick it in first and then move to reverse and it should go straight in - or lift the clutch and then put it back in again.

Tips from my old driving instructor when I had the same prob in his Corsa. :)

yep its clunky and if you dont get the clutch down all the way not very forgivving (chrunch and grind woooo :/) welcome to the club :D

I have had 2 petrol yaris cars with clunky gearbox's but my diesel is totally clunk free even when cold!!! :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links