Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do You Tell An Sr?

tbourner

Is there a definitive way to know what spec a Yaris is? I think I'm buying a flame gold 2001 (Y) SR, but it's debadged on the back and the only mark is the SR alloy caps (which could be changed?), any way of knowing that I'm getting an SR?

I can't remember if it had a boot spoiler, I'll be looking tonight though so what else shall I check?

SR Check list:

Rear spoiler with TTE Badge

SR alloys with red SR logo

SR logos on black plastic by wing mirrors

(Dependant on year) TTE stainless steel exhaust back box

Leather steering wheel

Leather gear knob

Air conditioning

1.3 engine with air box to the side of the engine and NOT on top

2NZ-FE engine code on sticker under bonnet

NO sunroof

:thumbsup:

SR Check list:

SR logos on black plastic by wing mirrors

:thumbsup:

this is the most effective way of finding out quickly, go straight to the mirrors and there will be a Badge next to them stating what model the yaris is. if you are still worried look close to see if has been tampered with or check the other features on the list.

I doubt someone will try and fake it, but MD's check-list is spot on. Also an SR is lower than other models, bar the T-Sport.

The exhaust will be a TTE stamped one for earlier models. Later ones had a chrome tail pipe - although this may have been replaced for an aftermarket one if it's modded ;)

Only things to add from me are that they only ever came as 3-door and as for debadging, they never had an SR Badge on the back as standard, just on each side mirror. The standard front grill is also dark - not chrome unless replaced. If the tyres have not been replaced :!Removed!: then they will be Dunlop SP9000's. The centre caps can either be red or blue mine are light blue - red is more common though :thumbsup:

Easiest way - do an online insurance quote, stick the reg number in and it'll tell you exactly what model and spec the car was originally registered as... if it says Yaris SR, then it is! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links