Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mobile Phone Help

SMW

Anyone help here - I have a new phone and when trying to connect to Tom Tom services the phone displays message ‘’Stop - need to subscribe to packet data first'’.

The answer probably lies somewhere within the 121 page instruction manual but if anyone could just tell me in words of one syllable what the problem is it would be appreciated.

Ta.

:thumbsup:

I think packet data refers to sending data over your phone like for receiving traffic updates and such.

Because you will have to pay for this on your mobile phone contract you probably have to enable it somewhere in tom tom settings in order to access the services bit.

Am I right in presuming you can navigate fine with it and it is just when you try and go to the specific item called 'Tom Tom Services' in the tom tom menu?

Personally I dont pay for traffic updates.

Hope you are well Steve :thumbsup:

Can you access the internet ok on it? Sounds like the message I got when I hadn't set the GPRS up on my mobile after switching from orange to o2

Yes it's when I try to use Tom Tom services - it guides me through a set up process - my phone connects to Tom Tom and then I get the message.

It's a business phone so maybe they have disabled that feature to stop people like me running up big bills ?

Robie - hope all is well in your work - I miss it in a strange way !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links