Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got A Slim Subwoofer, Where Should I Mount It To?

YarisGLS

I got a new subwoofer that will fit under seat. But I don't like the idea of rear passengers kicking it when they feel like it, so I am thinking of mounting it where the passenger seat tray is.

It's only going to produce 40W max of bass, but I still wonder if it would be ok to mount inside the tray... will it rattle like hell?

Or shall I make something out of MDF and mount it on the tray rail?

On another note, anyone got a underseat tray for sale?

tray.jpg

Cheers!

Yeah take it out put under seat then out plank across at back so passengers cant kick it!

Or carry no passenger so car goes faster :P

Can you not try putting it under the drivers seat? There should be some space there as i think this is where the toyota subwoofer goes? Also i think there is a bit that stops things rolling along from back seats floor to front seats if i remember right? This would stop passengers being able to kick it and if not mounting it far enough forwards in the car should do the trick unless they have very long thin feet! Mounting to the floor could be done with heavy duty velcro i would imagine? :thumsbup:

I have a Toyots one that just sits on the floor under the driver's seat.

Doesn't really shift and loads of bass makes your seat vibrate :D

A

Iv got a powered kenwood amp under drivers seat... just velcro'd down. Works brilliantly in combination with one in boot and no problems with feet as it sits pretty far forward.

I just velcro all my stuff down too , have a sony amp under drivers seat which is velcro'd ! it can easily be taken in and out that way ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links