Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Details From Toyota

JAHill

My wife got the Auris "pamphlet" through the post this morning.

It contains the following info. (It's got a flappy paddle by the sound of it!)

(Have posted it to the Wiki page too)

1.4 VVT-i Petrol 5 Speed Manual

bhp 97@6000 | Nm 130@4400 | 106 mph top | 0-62: 13.0s

1.6 Dual VVT-i Petrol 5 Speed MultiMode/Manual

bhp 134@6000 | Nm 157@5200 | 118 mph top | 0-62: 12.1s (MultiMode)/10.4s (Manual)

1.4 D-4D Diesel 5 Speed MultiMode/Manual

bhp 90@3800 | Nm 190@1800-3000 | 109 mph top | 0-62: 14.7s (MultiMode)/12.0s (Manual)

2.0 D-4D Diesel 6 Speed Manual

bhp 126@3600 | Nm 300@2000-2800 | 121 mph top | 0-62: 10.3s

2.2 D-4D (180) Diesel 6 Speed Manual

bhp 177@3600 | Nm 400@2000-2600 | 131 mph top | 0-62: 8.1s

Length: 4220mm Width: 1760mm Height: 1515mm Wheelbase: 2600mm

Boot space:350/1756 litres (seats up/down)

Nine airbags (includes knee bag)

Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)

Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)

Brake Assist (BA)

Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) D-4D 180 only

Can't wait to see the car in the flesh ...... although on the Toyota website the 2l diesel it says 124bhp :wacko:

Linky

Wonders how it will perform agaisnt the old 2l side by side ..... all that extra weight wont help ;P

*Although I wouldn't mind some more toys (and safety)

Ah well, what's a couple of horses? :D

Oh, and looking at the piccies, the stereo has "WMA/MP3" on it. So that's good then!

The missus likes the boot size so that might be the clincher. :thumbsup: Another prospective member of the Black Pump Gang then!

Do none of you read The Sun? We had a cover and centre spread of the motoring section on Friday all about Auris and building it at Burnaston.

The press launch is 15/16 January with the dealer launch just a day later. Sales start ion 1 Feb. Someone posting a picture of their new Auris in that day would be worth seeing - Toyota and dealer staff excluded, of course.

Do none of you read The Sun?

:blink: Nope. I just buy Andrex, I find it leaves less print behind. ;)

Seriously... Will both the five and three door models be built in Derby?

..... Sales start ion 1 Feb......

Hi Toyota PR

I'll probably be changing my car in the Spring and will be having a good look at the Auris when it appears.

I seem to recall reading that the 180 diesel won't be out until later (April?). I this the case?

Also, can you or anyone else tell me what the overall width (mirror tip to mirror tip) of the Auris will be? (With the exception of VW, this is a dimension that very few manufactures give in their detail specs, for people who like to garage their car this is an important consideration.)

Link to The Sun write-up: here

Andy

The T180 is due in April because it will be built at Burnaston, not Japan (early cars come form Japan - global production capability and all that). It also gets a different rear suspension. Better drivers than i have said it is better, but you be the judge.

Not got full dimensions as yet, but will try to get that one for you.

Hi

Thanks for the useful information. It's interesting to hear you confirm that the 180 is going to have different rear suspension, I'd read that elsewhere and assumed it was an error.

If you could get the overall width for me, I'd appreciate it.

Andy

Only info we have now is width without the mirrors (1760mm for what it is worth).

Not sure hwy we do not quote width with mirrors, but it seems to be a typical thing. I guess the factory – through me – would argue that you can fold the mirrors in and sop the real, unchangeable width is the arch to arch one we quote.

Hi Toyota PR

Thanks for trying. Maybe next time you're going near a Auris, you could take a tape measure with you :) . I did this the other week with the Mazda 3, I went into the showroom, asked the salesman to open the front windows and hold one end of the tape for me :lol:.

Having said earlier myself that only VW show the the overall width I have looked around again and as well as VW showing it for the Golf, Ford show it for the Focus and Honda show it in the downloadable brochure for the Civic "(2046 including door mirrors)" so I'm now not so sure that omitting this dimension is typical.

The folding mirror facility is not really valid here because I use the mirrors to reverse out of my garage and down the drive. (I'm not whinging at you personally about this :D. )

Cheers - Andy

DOh! i was really looking forward to getting the auris d-cat, gutted it is going to be later.... but oh well; all good things come to those who wait.

Does anyone know if toyota are releasing these mystic styling packages i keep reading about?

Mystic styling packages?

Not sure about those, but there will be a TF1 (formerly TTE) body kit available as an aftermarket product. Only seen it on a white car - not usually the most flattering colour - and it looked good. Expect announcements about price, etc in mid-January.

Mystic styling packages?

Not sure about those, but there will be a TF1 (formerly TTE) body kit available as an aftermarket product. Only seen it on a white car - not usually the most flattering colour - and it looked good. Expect announcements about price, etc in mid-January.

Then i have the same pictures as you have :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links