Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vauxhall

mr_miller

my comments are justified as i ve been in the motor trade for over 28 years and taken more cylinder heads of vauxhalls due to cam belts failing and bending valves than any other manufacturer.now on the new vauxhalls the engineers that do the cylinder head work now inform me that vauxhall have gone onto chains instead of belts but believe it or not are now having chain failures ,as the engineers described it to me "what do they expect when they fit a single link chain{like a push bike chain} instead of a double link like most manufacturers .i have owned vauxhalls myself in the early days of the ohc 8 valve engine but wouldn,t touch new vauxhalls due to reliabilty .i must say i like the look of some of the vauxhalls but thats as far as it would go unless there reliabilty improved .wont even go into the electronics on vauxhalls eg;management lights. :thumbsup:

I remember the stories of the first 16v EcoTec engines which had cam belt issue's on many models, I thought myself lucky at the time as I'd previously had a new Tigra for three months before trading it in.

I'm planning on keeping the Astra for many years however so hopefully I have a good one :)

must say like the look and colour of the vxr hope you dont have any probs to :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links