Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noisy Engine

ferrariboyuk

I'm getting rather concerned by my TS. Every so often the engine will make a horrid rattle noise as it starts up. Completely random and sounds depressing. And is embarrassing! Anyone know anything about that?

Also, I noticed one edge of my seat belt has freyed. Odd.

DOM

I'm getting rather concerned by my TS. Every so often the engine will make a horrid rattle noise as it starts up. Completely random and sounds depressing. And is embarrassing! Anyone know anything about that?

Does it happen when it is cold or it doesn't depend on the temperature. I may the engine starter - I had similar problem with my previous 1.3 Yaris - Mr. T used some grease or something and it stopped :)

No it seems to be complety random. It did it this moring during nice whether and i'd used it once before.

No it seems to be complety random. It did it this moring during nice whether and i'd used it once before.

Check the engine starter at first.

Does it happen when the engine is warm?

Check the engine starter at first.

Does it happen when the engine is warm?

I'd say its leaning more towards when it cold. Not at running temperature anyway. Think its only about once a week it happens. Thought it would go away after my 2year service but it hasn't!

Is the Aircon switched on when this happens? Mine does this every now and again, but only if the aircons turned on - its the clutch on the aircon half engaging half not and it makes an awful grinding noise.

Is the Aircon switched on when this happens? Mine does this every now and again, but only if the aircons turned on - its the clutch on the aircon half engaging half not and it makes an awful grinding noise.

Na mate. Not that. I hardly ever use my aircon.

Kinda sounds like a diesel.

Hey mate is it like the engine is trying to start even tho its already turned on?

Happened to my mates corsa, sometimes when he turns it on the engine starter keeps ticking over which gives awful noise for like a second.

He got startner motor recplaced wasnt cheap but could look for second hand one?!

Hey mate is it like the engine is trying to start even tho its already turned on?

He got startner motor recplaced wasnt cheap but could look for second hand one?!

I wouldn't really like to say. Not too sure. I've heard my dad try and start the other yaris before when it is already running and that seems a bit more high pitched. This is deeper. Saying thatm, the TS will probably sound different anyway. So nothing too conclusive there! lol :crybaby:

If it is the starter motor it'll be a warrenty job (touch wood).

I should be going into Romford Toyota tomorrow to pick up some tyres (goodyear eagle F1 GS-D2) so i'll have a word with them

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links