Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Bad Experience

ferrariboyuk

Hey,

Firstly, I have a minor problem. But let me explain a little.... I decided to buy my new tryes from Romford Toyota, Eagle F1 D2's. They fitted them on Tuesdays after an hours wait! Only to find that they didn;t put valve caps on and forget to give back my locking wheels nut. Next day I noticed something poking out from my alloy. And it was one of my wheel nuts hanging off! :censor:

Anyway..... Driving up the A12 to chelsmford that day I noticed my steering was turned to the left despite me driving in a straight line. And i know for a fact that it wasn't like that before. The guy said its not the tracking. Changing tyres alone wont cause this, only someone adjusting the tracking incorrectly or by having an accident. They say they can fix it but they will have to charge me.

I need your help here. After all this bad service I'm now faced with them trying to charge me for what I'm sure is something they've done wrong.

DOM

if it's their fault they should fix it for nothing, if this doesn't happen try contacting toyota uk and tell them your not happy with the service they gave you, this may get things moving

if it's their fault they should fix it for nothing, if this doesn't happen try contacting toyota uk and tell them your not happy with the service they gave you, this may get things moving

The steering shouldn't be so off centre should it? My grip before was just above the steering spokes. Now my right hand is on top of the right hand spoke of the wheel. Feels so wrong now. Yet they are insisting the tracking is ok. Doubt they even bothered checking. Forget more like. As they did when they were meant to be tighening me wheel nuts!

You have checked your tyre pressures, haven't you?

Take it to a decent tyre place and get them to sort it out. Then contact Toyota UK and get them to pay for it! :thumbsup:

IMO, you should have avoided Toyota at all costs in the first place! :yes:

No i haven't checked my tyre pressures yet. I was thinking too but then forgot.

I dont know why I took it to flipping toyota. Had a moment of madness. LOL.

A mate reckons its a simple case of them doing the tracking without the steering wheel being straight. Does does sound about right to you guys?

DOM

Sorting the tyre pressures will probably help a lot.

If they didn't do a wheel-alignment in the garage (and, lets face it, how likely is it that they did?) then it will be your tyre pressures. I've known this to happen in the past.

A

I work for toyota and as far as i know you dont carry out any wheel alignment after fitting tyres. Check the pressures, and if there ok, it could be a case that they havn't balanced the tyres properly, is your steering wheel vibrating at 60mph?

If they forgot to put valve caps on and put your wheel nuts back in your car then they must be a sh*t garage, but then again i think they all are as ive just qualified and they wont sort my pay out, not even on minimum wage! !Removed! w*nkers!

Its all about money to them, they dont care about anything else!

Oh and alot of cards slightly pull to the left on certain roads due to the camber of the road.

Hope this helps

Drew

Sorting the tyre pressures will probably help a lot.

If they didn't do a wheel-alignment in the garage (and, lets face it, how likely is it that they did?) then it will be your tyre pressures. I've known this to happen in the past.

A

Check the pressures, and if there ok, it could be a case that they havn't balanced the tyres properly, is your steering wheel vibrating at 60mph?

The tyre pressures read 26 on the left and 25 on the right! Shouldn't they be the same as whats quoted in the manual? The tyres are the 185/55/15.

Yes, i do get vibrating. I forgot to mention that at the time. I was so put back by them trying to wiggle out of it and charge me!

I still need to arrange it to be re looked at. They said they can get a 'higher technican' to check it over.

DOM

I had similar problem when I put new winter tires on my front wheels but I did not get any vibrations. The guys at the garage where I changed tyres suggested doing wheel-alignment in another garage and it helped -- one front wheel had a slight alignement difference -- they corrected it and now it's ok :)

... and if you get vibrating you should have your wheels balanced as this probably causes it.

Finally got the steering wheel sorted. Only trouble is they have put the V tyres on the wrong way round. I take it the directional arrows isn't enough for them!

DOM

Only trouble is they have put the V tyres on the wrong way round. I take it the directional arrows isn't enough for them!

Unreal :ffs:

Sounds like you had the original Grease Monkey...

greasemonkey.jpeg

Could also be damaged alloys that cause un-wanted vibrations and movements in the wheel. I have flat spots on all my wheels and if you turn on full lock it bumps and clicks... this then causes vibrations at higher speeds. But, I haven't got £130 to fix the things!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links