Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Film Music?

Jimlad

Agree with those praising samuel J barbers concerto D minor.....

But for me .... Predator had some of my favourite cinematic music... they just matched the film so well.

Plus it had a minigun in it .... which made sweet music all by itself!

didn't she do that song with tiesto?

sarah m. is a cracking singer but it was delerium who made that tune 'silence', and tiesto ruined it with his cheesey remix!! he destroyed that tune. :angry: though the original version is er.... ok, its the sanctury mix thats the bee's knees!! still gives me the shivers down me spine everytime i hear it!! B)

anyways, back to the original topic.... i think the music for donny darko was excellent! every single song chosen just suited the film perfectly!!

City of Angels makes me cry like a baby....

Iris by The GooGoo Dolls is also on the soundtrack and its a beautiful song.... one of my personal favourites :D

If you grew up during the disco generation (like me) it has to be Saturday Night Fever. :thumbsup:

How can you not get up and dance when you hear any of that stuff at a party ?

Dave.

totally agree with City of Angels and Goo Goo Dolls,I have the soundtrack and DVD, just amazing! Sarah Mclachlan is just awesome! have all her albums too.

Maybe just a woman thing, but you know when a piece of music just fits into something in your life....

"Iris" means something really special to me.... but I'm not going to be sad and tell the internet what that is :lol: :lol:

Maybe just a woman thing, but you know when a piece of music just fits into something in your life....

"Iris" means something really special to me.... but I'm not going to be sad and tell the internet what that is :lol: :lol:

Its defo not a woman thing, I must have about 10 different song for 10 different situations!

Most are braking up songs tho! :P

Isnt it amazing how a song can just throw you back into the past and you feel all the same emotions again?

Yeah.... I know what you mean Andy, some songs I just always have to stop and listen to...

She by Elvis Costello is one such song.... it also has a very special place in my heart.... :yes: and Mary by the Scissor Sisters... I always cry when I listen to Mary....

I think because its so different to what they usually do.... its a lovely song.

I do like the Scissor Sisters generally though....

I guess I always think of life as a big movie and you have tracks that come on every so often during crucial scenes...

And yes, this is why I'm still probably single! :lol: :lol:

I remember watching Travis (the band) Story Tellers and Fran, the singer from Travis talks about songs being bookmarks in your life, it is so true and I feel sorry for anyone who hasnt had music touch their lives in some way.

Thats the amazing thing about music though.... its enjoyable, you can sing to it, dance to it.... but it also means something. Every lyric is a story and any story can and will touch you if you let it. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links