Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Transfer Deadline Day

Kev Mc

Exciting isn't it?

We wrapped up a deal for Gravesen to return last night who I'm hoping has been signed as a squad player at 1st because he's never been a player you can consistently rely on. The rumours flying around now are that Riquelme has flown in for talks & Appiah has been linked for a few days now.

Riquelme is a player I've rated extremely highly since he abused us during the Champions League Qualifiers a few years ago, but there are big questionmarks over his attitude. Our main strength is that the squad gets on so well together & all put the effort in, if we sign somebody who isn't willing to do that he could ruin the team spirit. I've heard rumours about him demanding a contract that lets him decide when he wants to train & things like that, which I don't like the sound of but most rumours are just made up crap. There's also the question of if he'll be able to settle into the English style of play & if he'll be willing to get stuck in on a cold, wet winters day at Wigan. Ability-wise though I really rate him so I'd like us to sign him, but not at the £10m I've heard quoted, I think that's too much of a risk. Appiah is a player I don't know too much about but he's played at the highest level for a few years which is always a good sign & if Moyes is interested then I'm sure he's good enough.

I do love transfer deadline day though, there's always so much going on & also this year it's helping to take my mind off the UEFA Cup draw. What's the news involving your team? Are you happy with who you're being linked with/have signed?

We just let one of our biggest names, who happens to be one of the biggest disappointments we have ever signed, go on loan to Everton.. the guy has NEVER lived up to his reputation and constantly made school boy errors.

He had his chances, both at domestic and European level but never put his mark on the team, maybe he just couldn't settle into Scottish football I don't know... but I'm glad he is away.. I just hope they make the move permanent... yes.. I'm talking about Thomas Gravesen.

Kev.. I hope he does well for your team, David Moyes is a good manager (and was a good player at Celtic too) hopefully he can get the best out of him.. but he couldn't cut it up here.

The thing with Gravesen is he's always been so frustratingly inconsistent, he'd be amazing some of the time, absolutely useless others, sometimes even being both in the same game. The only time he ever consistently performed well was in the 1st part of his last season when Real came knocking & expected him to be a world beater, which he was never going to be & so it didn't work out. Don't know what happened at Celtic but I'm guessing he just suffered his usual inconsistancy, which is a shame but hopefully now that he's come back he can recreate some of the form that got us 4th position to hold onto before he left.

I like the fact that there's no risk to us, if it works we'll get a good player for a year then probably sign him permanently for quite cheap, if it doesn't we can just send him back having paid (as far as I'm aware) just his wages for a season. I don't think he'll be 1 of the 1st names on the teamsheet at 1st though, I think he's been signed with our painfully think squad in mind with a view to seeing how he gets on

I'm glad Gravesen's away aswell. He was pretty rubbish and he's the main reason why we got beat 3-2 from Man Utd last season. I hope Balde and Jarosik leave too, they get paid big bucks for sitting in the stand! :rolleyes:

It's ashame we're not buying anyone though, we could do with a quality central defender and a new left back if Naylor doesn't wise up! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links