Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A/c Compressor

Hogie

Just a quick question,someone mite know or check this for me against there car.

Should there be 3 or 4 bolts on the a/c compressor attaching it to the engine? I thought 4 because theres 4 holes but I only have 3 bolts going through the compressor and into the engine block. Thought i was missing one for some reason so got one from Toyota( its an M8 bolt)and tried to put it in but it wasn't biting(thought then someone must have tighten it to much and stripped threads some time before i got the car). But i was having a look at the online manual last night and and in the diagram all it shows are 3 bolts going in and nothing going into the forth hole. The compressor is fitted to other model corolla so is that hole a spare on 2zz-ge engine?

I know,this is a bit of a strange and boring one!

If someone can help clear this up for me id really appreciate it

Thanks

Just a quick question,someone mite know or check this for me against there car.

Should there be 3 or 4 bolts on the a/c compressor attaching it to the engine? I thought 4 because theres 4 holes but I only have 3 bolts going through the compressor and into the engine block. Thought i was missing one for some reason so got one from Toyota( its an M8 bolt)and tried to put it in but it wasn't biting(thought then someone must have tighten it to much and stripped threads some time before i got the car). But i was having a look at the online manual last night and and in the diagram all it shows are 3 bolts going in and nothing going into the forth hole. The compressor is fitted to other model corolla so is that hole a spare on 2zz-ge engine?

I know,this is a bit of a strange and boring one!

If someone can help clear this up for me id really appreciate it

Thanks

just had a look for you mate - got a new torch so good excuse. mines the same - couldnt feel a thread neither so nothing to worry about.

I was curious after looking this up once before. Just checked again, it's a bit obscure, but it appears the ZZE12# have three bolts, the CDE120 have four bolts, so nothing to worry about

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thats grand so lads,thanks for taking the time to look for me. Relief because when couldnt feel any thread in that hole,was like sh*t, what am i going to do now! Thats great news

Thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links