Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

List Of The Problems I Have With My Auris

Speed_Chaser

All the Auris owners, please answer!  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you change your Auris to some other car, if you wouldn't have to lose part of your money because of the change?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Can't say

It is very annoying the figure out that the new car has very many problems, and no-one can solve them. Even if they can, the problems are there again after a while.

Here is the list of all the problems I had and still having with my Auris since I bought it:

-The front console's plastic makes annoying sounds (fixed 2 times, and it is still there)

-Squeaky brakes (once changed only some parts (think braking pads, and ALL brake parts changed 3 times, problem is still there). They are Squeaky even when I let the brakes off after standing for a while and car starts moving. For a secong or two you can hear the sound....???

-MM-T gearbox problems (doens't change the gears properly, and thinking sometimes even 10 SECONDS, before the change. (First they made a software update, it helped for a while. Now the problem is there again, and it can't be fixed. The mechanics can't find anything wrong in the gearbox or software.

-The petrol indicator works wrong (when it's full the highest line lasts very long, but after that the lines dissapear faster and faster). Not tried to fix yet.

-The "distance, which can be driven with the fuel in the tank" works wrong. You can drive 100 kilometers after it shows that you can drive 0 kilometers, because the tank is so empty. Not tried to fix yet.

-Water coming to the window comes too low, and the window doesn't get washed properly (not tried to fix yet).

-Washers (don't know the exact name, but they are the ones moving on the window and taking water away from them) went bad allready after 7000km of driving. They were making "lines" on the window, couldn't see anything. Put the new ones, didn't work neither. Tested 3 cars with my dealer, and first two had the same problem. The third worked properly, so took the washers from it and put on my car. Haven't had any new problems with that issue yet.

The car is beautiful, it has good price compared to opponents and many many more good things. But still, I just can't really recommend the car for anyone...

If you buy a new car, you should get one too. It shouldn't be a car, which has to be repaired even more often than some old ones. The cars are for driving, not for standing at the dealer's garage so the owner must to drive around with his wifes' vehichle...

I think the Auris shows how far other Manufacturers have come along in terms of quality and reliability.

Toyota really needs to get things sorted with the Auris, there are too many build quality issues with the model, and some of the materials used/perceived quality are down right cheap.

You are not alone in having a squeaking, rattling Auris, there are a few of them out there, and in my own experience Toyota don't care.

I think the Auris shows how far other Manufacturers have come along in terms of quality and reliability.

Toyota really needs to get things sorted with the Auris, there are too many build quality issues with the model, and some of the materials used/perceived quality are down right cheap.

You are not alone in having a squeaking, rattling Auris, there are a few of them out there, and in my own experience Toyota don't care.

Toyota build a new model , basing on the long history of Corolla's high quality , but go too far from their Owners - by ignoring the Toyota owner's and the problems we find in new model.

This is not only " and in my own experience Toyota don't care" and in my own experience it is much more maybe :

"We know better then everybody and we don't need yours advice/report and if you say it is a problem you are wrong ???"

I try to get a professional answer why the Mmt-gear going down to the 1th in a speed too high- they ignore me and I get no reply and I don't know whay to do - because I really love my Auris but this malefaction drive me crazy :angry: :angry: :angry:

I try to drive the Mmt-owner here to any action and try to solve this problem together as a group toward Toyota - but nobody care even in this forum

I am very disappointed.

Dont all jump down the throat of Toyota. They are better than most - if you think squeaky brakes and low squirting washer jets are big issues, you have problems!

My last 6 cars have had problems as follows:

1. Fiesta TDCi - Noisy engine (fault), rattly dash, juddery wipers.

2. Focus TDCi - squeaky seat, leaking fuel pipe, leaking power steering fluid.

3. New style Focus 2.0 TDCi - Serious engine problems - car broke down 12 times in 1 year - had to sell. Boken locking wheelnut. Rattly dashboard.

4. Audi A3 1.9 TDi - broken suspension spring, CD player problems, used too much oil for my liking.

5. Fiesta ST - Noisy suspension.

6. Fiat Sedici 4 x 4 - Very sticky awkward gearbox, poor running engine when in traffic, sqeaky seats, noisy suspension.

I tend to buy a brand new car every year and as you can see from above, every one of my last 6 has had real problems. The only one that was almost fault free was the Fiesta ST - fantastic little car but heavy on fuel.

As you can see, its very difficult to buy a new car nowadays without getting problems. I bought my Auris 2.0 D4D two months ago, and so far, touch wood, no problems at all, apart from the low aiming washer jets. I am very happy with the car and bought it because I wanted reliabilty and low running costs.

I have to say, the engine is the most solid of all diesels I have owned - its not the fastest or most refined - that award goes to the Focus 2.0 TDCi. However, it feels like it will go on forever and has never remotely hesitated, no matter how it is driven. The Focus broke down 12 times in one year - because of this, for as long as Ford are developing their engines with Peugeot, I will never buy another Ford diesel. I was loyal to Ford because I have access to their staff discount scheme - however, until they stop working with Peugeot, they wont get another penny out of me.

In summary, I am delighted with the Auris - it does everything I ask of it without fuss. Although its early days, I think I will be staying with Toyota for quite a while!

Andy :eek:

When we spend a lot of money buying with a new car, we MUST have a 100% working product.

There's no error margin here, not for us that give to Toyota a lot of money, NOR FOR THEM!

Unless we could and we SHOULD not pay the total price of the car to Toyota, but let's say 60% when we took it from the dealer, and the rest of the money in the end of the warranty period.

This might be the right solution when buying a new car.

If this appens, we should see a vast improvement in the quality of the cars.

BUT now that they already have our money... they just laugh of us... SHAME for Toyota!

I've had my Auris for only three weeks, so it is too early to say. I keep listening out for the brake squeal and think tha tI ahve heard it, the washers are too low otherwise no complaints - yet.

Colin

Hello , i had a AURIS but sold it 4 weeks ago and bought a Toyota Corolla Verso back for it . I sold it for the problems that i had with it . Glad ist gone and drive now a trouble free Verso :yahoo::toast:

afbeelding070kg8.th.jpg

Tis is my VERSO

y1pf7t1ntwwitsgfpkjzcyagx2.th.jpg

Tis was my AURIS

After 20 votes there are 35% who would like to change their Auris to another car. And there is also 15% considering the car change, which is pretty much I think.

As we are talking here about a new car there should be only a couple of unsatisfied owners, not nearly 50%!!

Keep voting guys ;)

Hey ...

Regards those problems with brakes....my cousin's Auris went into Dealership and apparently they fitted modified brake pads (if noise is from front brakes) if noise when reversing they fit modified rear calipers... just get in touch with your local Toyota they will let you know.... :D

well other than a headlamp that fogs up a bit when its wet mines spot on (2.0 D4D TSpirit)

you need to realise the Auris is a completely new model. every bit is new design. other manufacturers have problems on their cars that run the entire length of the model life (more expensive brands too).

rattles cannot be helped, yes they are annoying and some are down to poor design but lets face it they arnt life threatening or stop you driving. try to help the dealer by pinpointing the area and they may have a better idea of where to look. plus its worth noting that some people are far to anal about noises in a car. if you want silence then Shell out 100k on a rolls royce. i have been ask about noises in cars before and often i cant hear anything unusual. the simple fix is turn the radio up.

the squeaky brakes are being looked into as what ever is causing the problem is difficult to diagnose, if you know better please let your dealer know as the engineers are struggling!

as for fuel guages name one that is accurate, every car i have owned lasts a long while on the first bit then uses it quicker.

washer jets this seems to be a personal preference thing, take it to the dealer they WILL fix it for you.

streaky wipers, are you sure that there is not something on the screen causing it? do you make sure you dont use the wipers to remove ice?

as for MM-T cant comment as i dont have it myself but yes it is a software issue even aston martin didnt get there flappy paddle thing right.

the reason the fuel gauge takes longer to drop the first mark is you have a large amount of fuel in the pipe from the filler to the tank ;)

It is very annoying the figure out that the new car has very many problems, and no-one can solve them. Even if they can, the problems are there again after a while.

Here is the list of all the problems I had and still having with my Auris since I bought it:

-The front console's plastic makes annoying sounds (fixed 2 times, and it is still there)

-Squeaky brakes (once changed only some parts (think braking pads, and ALL brake parts changed 3 times, problem is still there). They are Squeaky even when I let the brakes off after standing for a while and car starts moving. For a secong or two you can hear the sound....???

-MM-T gearbox problems (doens't change the gears properly, and thinking sometimes even 10 SECONDS, before the change. (First they made a software update, it helped for a while. Now the problem is there again, and it can't be fixed. The mechanics can't find anything wrong in the gearbox or software.

-The petrol indicator works wrong (when it's full the highest line lasts very long, but after that the lines dissapear faster and faster). Not tried to fix yet.

-The "distance, which can be driven with the fuel in the tank" works wrong. You can drive 100 kilometers after it shows that you can drive 0 kilometers, because the tank is so empty. Not tried to fix yet.

-Water coming to the window comes too low, and the window doesn't get washed properly (not tried to fix yet).

-Washers (don't know the exact name, but they are the ones moving on the window and taking water away from them) went bad allready after 7000km of driving. They were making "lines" on the window, couldn't see anything. Put the new ones, didn't work neither. Tested 3 cars with my dealer, and first two had the same problem. The third worked properly, so took the washers from it and put on my car. Haven't had any new problems with that issue yet.

The car is beautiful, it has good price compared to opponents and many many more good things. But still, I just can't really recommend the car for anyone...

If you buy a new car, you should get one too. It shouldn't be a car, which has to be repaired even more often than some old ones. The cars are for driving, not for standing at the dealer's garage so the owner must to drive around with his wifes' vehichle...

Oh man, having water coming to the window comes too low, and the window doesn't get washed properly really sucks. Don't try anything unless if you're sure you might void your warranty.