Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Or Golf

AndyMM

I wouldn't touch VAG either.

I've never had one myself but have had people in my family and friends have them and the story is always the same. Service is expensive and every time it goes in it always needs a list of things doing. Someone with an R32 had his car break down ALL the time until he sold it. Someone else had their gearbox go ; their friend had the same problem although theirs went 3 times.

So service cost + parts cost plus not excellent reliability has made me never curious at owning a VAG car. The only one i would go for would be a octavia VRS but i dont think i ever would.

If i ever bought a german car i'd try a bmw 330 or 335d 2nd hand of course and i would never buy an american or french car. Bad experiences with them too.

Anybody ever look at "Honest John" on the web, the motoring correspondent for the Daily Telegraph. Well worth a look, try the "car by car" breakdown section to see what problems affect various models. And why can the motoring publications never give Toyota 5 "spanners" or whatever for reliabilty, it's like they just can't bring themselves to do it. Auris or Golf ? do you really need to ask.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links