Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unlocking X-sim Cards

Uncle Bob

Also called a Turbo Sim, like i say several clips on You Tube, just seems to good to be true.

Hi Bob, couple of comments - that will make the sim thicker and on many phones around now, the sim just will not fit. I have a dual sim adapter which adds to the thickness in a similar way and on one current phone, it won't physically fit, so that is one gotcha.

2nd comment - if it is a Nokia phone that you want to SIM unlock, then almost all Nokias can be done Free of Charge. Other networks may unlock Free as well if you ask them e.g. with Virgin PAYG, as long as you have £30 of credit when you call them, they will unlock your phone for you.

If you want to post or PM your phone model if a nokia, I can have a look how to unlock it - and all perfectly legally and above board.

Hi Bob, couple of comments - that will make the sim thicker and on many phones around now, the sim just will not fit. I have a dual sim adapter which adds to the thickness in a similar way and on one current phone, it won't physically fit, so that is one gotcha.

2nd comment - if it is a Nokia phone that you want to SIM unlock, then almost all Nokias can be done Free of Charge. Other networks may unlock Free as well if you ask them e.g. with Virgin PAYG, as long as you have £30 of credit when you call them, they will unlock your phone for you.

If you want to post or PM your phone model if a nokia, I can have a look how to unlock it - and all perfectly legally and above board.

Hoovie take a look on youtube and you see they do fit, and the nokia was just an example, i'm looking at a used Sony Ericsson Z610i but it seem most common on the 3 network and i'm on o2 :( .

Looking up X-Sim on the web they have been around for some years, seems they are now being made in China and coming to the UK at a low price.

I'm sure they do generally Bob - my Dual Sim adapter was fine for the phone I bought it for, but there are some phones where the sims slide in and must not be a fraction thicker then standard.

This x_sim does look very clever the way you make a hole in the sim for the thick bit on the x-sim to minimise the thickness

For the price, it seems worth a punt :)

Well i've taken a gamble on this X-Sim and i'm pleased to say it does work, its unlock a new Samsung G600 from another network and its fine with my sim card....super ,smashing, great B) .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links