Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trackday In A Yaris... Anyone..?

Martin Terp

Hello

Does anybody drive trackdays with a Yaris..? :)

My little 96 bhp/203 Nm Yaris 1,4 D-4D is a pretty nimble and fast car on a track... Anyone in here drives trackdays..?

I've uploaded a couple of videos on YouTube - the quality could be better, but... I tend to focus on driving instead... :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TerpYaris

Focus ST, Seat Leon Cupra (300 bhp), 406 V6 and a Subaru Impreza is no match for a Yaris... :D :P

Hello

Does anybody drive trackdays with a Yaris..? :)

My little 96 bhp/203 Nm Yaris 1,4 D-4D is a pretty nimble and fast car on a track... Anyone in here drives trackdays..?

I've uploaded a couple of videos on YouTube - the quality could be better, but... I tend to focus on driving instead... :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TerpYaris

Focus ST, Seat Leon Cupra (300 bhp), 406 V6 and a Subaru Impreza is no match for a Yaris... :D :P

Excellent video's Martin :D Hopefully if my Vitz ever makes it out of Southampton it will be on track as much as possible.

PaulT on here has a Supra beating Aygo, will try and see if we can get a video on board for his next sprint :thumbsup:

how did you do the -2.5deg negative camber? do you do it in a garage? or diy?

will you see the difference with -2.5? regarding road holding

Cool vids. B) I've always fancied tracking my Yaris, but I don't think my driving ability is up to it, and I couldn't afford the new tyres etc afterwards. I think I'll just stick to passengering in other people's cars for now. :D

What track is that?

how did you do the -2.5deg negative camber? do you do it in a garage? or diy?

will you see the difference with -2.5? regarding road holding

I'm using H&R's Tripple C camber ajustment bolt - it's a eccentric bolt (or what do you call it in english?) you can "turn" to make more or less camber...

http://www.h-r.com/index.php?inhalt=produkt-f&sprache=en

It's very easy to install and it works wonders on both roadholding, and the turn in... It's very crisp in the "turn in" - and your tyres get worn more evenly...

Excellent video's Martin :D Hopefully if my Vitz ever makes it out of Southampton it will be on track as much as possible.

PaulT on here has a Supra beating Aygo, will try and see if we can get a video on board for his next sprint :thumbsup:

Thanks! You would not regret it... It's SO much fun... An Supra-beating Aygo..? Damn - that gives a couple of nice pictures in my head... Brilliant! :)

Cool vids. B) I've always fancied tracking my Yaris, but I don't think my driving ability is up to it, and I couldn't afford the new tyres etc afterwards. I think I'll just stick to passengering in other people's cars for now. :D

What track is that?

Trackdays is for everybody - you learn a lot from it, so you don't have to be the next Damon Hill or Schumacher to participate... Always remember that! But yes - the cost in tires and brakes is hard to come around... I've upgraded my 1,4 D-4D with T-Sport brakes (235 mm -> 255 mm) and i'm gonna fit Ferodo DS 2500 brake pads soon... Even though the standard brake pads does a very good job... :o)

http://www.ferodoracing.com/it/car_tuning/brake_pads.htm

The track is in Denmark - called "Flyvestation Vandel" (an old military-airfield)...

vandelta9.jpg

Trackdays is for everybody - you learn a lot from it, so you don't have to be the next Damon Hill or Schumacher to participate...

Absolutely right! But sometimes a good memory helps so you can remember the track :o

med_gallery_7_15_72501.jpg

This was round four of the Toyota Sprint Series a few weeks ago. Some people got lost :D

There is a video from the

Paul.

Holy crap... That track is VERY tight and complex... No wonder people get lost on that track... :D

Some brilliant vids there buddy, great work! The little Yari looked to be going really too!

Some quality cars going onto the track as well, a proper old skool Beemer and an old clapped old Sierra estate, fantastic!

Some brilliant vids there buddy, great work! The little Yari looked to be going really too!

Some quality cars going onto the track as well, a proper old skool Beemer and an old clapped old Sierra estate, fantastic!

Thanks! Yep - it's a very mixed gathering of cars... Peugeot 205's, Impreza, BMW, Focus ST, Seat Leon Cupra 300+ - and the old nasty Ford Sierra Estate... :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links