Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Sr Want A Glanza Engine Fitted ?

m00dyg

B) Hi there all i am in the middle of doing up my corolla e11 its a 1.6sr tte spec, i want more power out of it, i was looking at puting a toyota glanza turbo engine in it any ideas if its possible and if so what engine year car i need and what is needed to do the convertion, i have owned a glanza and that was super quick as you can add and add to a turbo engine but i nneded something more bigger then that,

B) Hi there all i am in the middle of doing up my corolla e11 its a 1.6sr tte spec, i want more power out of it, i was looking at puting a toyota glanza turbo engine in it any ideas if its possible and if so what engine year car i need and what is needed to do the convertion, i have owned a glanza and that was super quick as you can add and add to a turbo engine but i nneded something more bigger then that,

you can use any 4E-FTE engine (starlet turbo/glanzaV) but you need the whole caboodle i.e. ECU, custom exhaust, etc. HTH ;)

you can use any 4E-FTE engine (starlet turbo/glanzaV) but you need the whole caboodle i.e. ECU, custom exhaust, etc. HTH ;)

so if i get a complete glanza v turbo engine 4e-fte it will drop straight in, what gear box will i need and the drive shafts,

and the other things i need are the ecu and loom and exhaust is that all please let me know as i am going out this week and buying it thanks,,,,,,,,,,,

it should mate up to your current gearbox no problem, use the existing corolla driveshafts. you'll ne the glanza ecu, a custom exhaust and intercooler setup too.

it should mate up to your current gearbox no problem, use the existing corolla driveshafts. you'll ne the glanza ecu, a custom exhaust and intercooler setup too.

B) so let me get this all i need is the engine ecu custom exhaust and intercooler its too simple, i have checked a glanza engine and the left had engine mount looks different, waht do you think i will need to do to that i have purchased the engine at £ 300 complete with ecu and manifold with 80kilometers its a mate i now, so all i need to do is drop it in add my gearbox and drive shafts and modify the exhaust and add intercooler, do i need the loom do you know, thanks also for the help you have gave me,

you could probably modify your existing loom to take the 4E-FTE engine, if the mounts are different (which may be the case) go to a scrappy#s and get the engine mounts from a 1.3 corolla of the same year as your then swap it with the ones on the engine. just be wary of the igniter wiring on the 4A-FE loom it's very different to many toyota engines. You may have to make a new stretch of wiring for the igniter.

you could probably modify your existing loom to take the 4E-FTE engine, if the mounts are different (which may be the case) go to a scrappy#s and get the engine mounts from a 1.3 corolla of the same year as your then swap it with the ones on the engine. just be wary of the igniter wiring on the 4A-FE loom it's very different to many toyota engines. You may have to make a new stretch of wiring for the igniter.

thanks alot bud you have been a big help, will keep you posted on the project just need to mip down to my mates and get the loom shall start to crack on with it in a week,,,,,,,

keep us posted, i'm sure many other's will want to see how it can be done.

• 8 years later...

Do i need to put in the full engine loom from the glanza??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links