Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Cut Off Fuel On Max Speed

rozkminiacz

Last month I tried to check maximum speed my Avensis 2.0 d4d 2004 can achieve. When I reached around 125mph engine suddenly cut off fuel for about 2 sec and then I could continue as normal. Is it normal or any sign of fault ??

Last month I tried to check maximum speed my Avensis 2.0 d4d 2004 can achieve. When I reached around 125mph engine suddenly cut off fuel for about 2 sec and then I could continue as normal. Is it normal or any sign of fault ??

:censor:

were it to have been me reaching 125mph would I have been correct to have considered myself someway to fault.. ??

were it to have been me reaching 125mph would I have been correct to have considered myself someway to fault.. ??

It could have been worse and cut your life off for a lot longer than 2 seconds, no its not normal most drive with care.

although to be fair he dosnt say where this took place. it could have been on a de-restricted road in the IOM, on an autobahn or even Bruntingthorp.

yes yes we all know the dangers of speeding etc.

as for the issue, if the engine was not near the rev limiter then yes id say you have a fault. however getting something done about it may be hard as it would need testing again to find.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links