Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattle From Front When Moving Off.

m47een

Dear all,

I hope someone can help, I am getting a very strange rattle from the front of the car I think its from the left side. From a standing start bringing the clutch up slowly causes it to rattle as soon as I give it some gas its ok. I dont hear any noise when I'm driving after that.

:unsure:

sorry its a Phase 2 Yaris Blue 1.3 Petrol 5 door.

Probably front anti roll bar link bushes/bolts worn out, usually both sides at the same time. Yaris are famous for it ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

possibly the clutch release bearing, seeing when it's when you release your clutch...

the front anti roll bar link bushes, only really knock, usually over bumps, and when turning.

thanks for the replys. I know for sure that the anti roll bar links need replacing as its covered 83K and I'm pretty sure they never been changed. Will hopefully do them when I service it in a couple of weeks. I just wasn't sure if its them or not that are causing the noise. As I mentioed before the noise is coming just as the clutch is released.

Yaris130 no its not that type of noise. It only comes when lifting the clutch slowly and before giving an gas theres a rattling noise.

minidoughty you mention the clutch release bearing, do you have any idea of the cost of replacing this? is it a DIY job or a garage one?

Also does anyone have an idea how long the clutch generaly lasts on the yaris?

Unfortunately, toyota recommend changing the entire clutch as to get to the bearing you have to remove the gearbox and clutch anyway, and while you're there it is best to replace the lot.

I'm just going to put up with the noise until the clutch packs in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links