Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starting Troubles

dan840

hey everyone

im hoping some one can help. i have a 96 celica gt and it playing up. it starts most of the time ok but it cuts out after 10 mins or so. then its a struggle to get it going again. it will stay running eventually but after 30 miles or so it will just die again and then it all starts again trying to get it going and keeping it going lol. ive taken it in to the garage they dont have a clue whats wrong with. ive changed the plugs, the dis cap, the rotor arm, the ignition coil pack,new Battery, all so changed the air temp sensor the one that sits inside the air box. just dont have a clue whats up with it now. any ideas would be much appreciated

thanks

hey everyone

im hoping some one can help. i have a 96 celica gt and it playing up. it starts most of the time ok but it cuts out after 10 mins or so. then its a struggle to get it going again. it will stay running eventually but after 30 miles or so it will just die again and then it all starts again trying to get it going and keeping it going lol. ive taken it in to the garage they dont have a clue whats wrong with. ive changed the plugs, the dis cap, the rotor arm, the ignition coil pack,new battery, all so changed the air temp sensor the one that sits inside the air box. just dont have a clue whats up with it now. any ideas would be much appreciated

thanks

when it cuts out how long does it take u to get it started again? are you having to wait about 10/15mins before it will start or are you having to play around with it to get is starting, because to be honest the one thing u havent mentions that i prob would of looked at first is ya alternator,

do ya car have a voltmeter on the dash? is that above 14v when cars running? or does it slowly drop lower?

does ya Cat light come on and ya Battery light come on about 15mins before ya car cuts out?

fuel filter ?

hey everyone

im hoping some one can help. i have a 96 celica gt and it playing up. it starts most of the time ok but it cuts out after 10 mins or so. then its a struggle to get it going again. it will stay running eventually but after 30 miles or so it will just die again and then it all starts again trying to get it going and keeping it going lol. ive taken it in to the garage they dont have a clue whats wrong with. ive changed the plugs, the dis cap, the rotor arm, the ignition coil pack,new battery, all so changed the air temp sensor the one that sits inside the air box. just dont have a clue whats up with it now. any ideas would be much appreciated

thanks

when it cuts out how long does it take u to get it started again? are you having to wait about 10/15mins before it will start or are you having to play around with it to get is starting, because to be honest the one thing u havent mentions that i prob would of looked at first is ya alternator,

do ya car have a voltmeter on the dash? is that above 14v when cars running? or does it slowly drop lower?

does ya Cat light come on and ya Battery light come on about 15mins before ya car cuts out?

once it cuts out i got to wait for some think to clip or pop then it will start straight away most of the time. i dont have a valt meter and no lights come on the dash. as i sed it runs fine for a while. then it just dies on me. think im gonna have a look at the fuel filter

fuel filter ?

il have to check that one have to find the thing first. cheers

If it cuts dead it suggests an electrical fault. If it dies more slowly it's usually a sign of a fuel fault.

hey, just read what problems your having with your car, when it cuts out does your hazards and headlights still work?

i have a 1990 celica gt4 and it cuts out ocassionally when im driving along, my headlights turn off and i cant use my hazards as i have a problem within my main fuse box!

just an idea!?

hey everyone

thanks

Hey dude.

Right so its been running tne minutes so its at operating temperature? When it dies and you try to restart it it struggles. How so? Does it just crank ? Or is it completely flat like a flat Battery kind athing?..

Have you thought along the lines of a temp sensor?. I know someone who has had a similar issue but it has turned out to be a knacked fuse. And as a consequence its shagged the fuse box....

hey, just read what problems your having with your car, when it cuts out does your hazards and headlights still work?

i have a 1990 celica gt4 and it cuts out ocassionally when im driving along, my headlights turn off and i cant use my hazards as i have a problem within my main fuse box!

just an idea!?

TALLLKK OFF THE DEVVVILL.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links