Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dogs

VXTim

Well, we've had the Rav4 for nearly a week now and looking to get a dog guard. We have a 5 door 53 plate RAV4.

Can anyone recommend any? Or does anybody have one they are looking to sell?

All advice much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Well we had this discussion in the last few weeks, and we chipped in helpfully until Kingo told us we were all talking about cargo nets :lol:

Well we had this discussion in the last few weeks, and we chipped in helpfully until Kingo told us we were all talking about cargo nets :lol:

Actually, they're called Barrier Nets, and sometimes Dog Guards. They're not available from Toyota in the States for some reason, even though our RAV's have the attachment points in the proper places. These pictures are from the European Toyota accessory catalog:

Upper Dog Guard:

Dog_guard_upper.jpg

Full Dog Guard (dog not included):

Dog_guard_full.jpg

Actually, they're called Barrier Nets, and sometimes Dog Guards. They're not available from Toyota in the States for some reason, even though our RAV's have the attachment points in the proper places. These pictures are from the European Toyota accessory catalog:

Upper Dog Guard:

Dog_guard_upper.jpg

Full Dog Guard (dog not included):

Dog_guard_full.jpg

I have the full sized dog guard - it's a metal mesh, and not a net (originally I paid for the full sized one but the Toyota dealer fitted the half sized one and it had to be replaced. Having seen the difference between the half and full, you are better off paying the extra for the full sized one. And the full sized one will stop your dog chewing on the back seats/ arm rest).

The guard slants down rather than going straight down, so my 4.3 needs its rear seats to be pushed forward a bit, and so adults in the back might complain about leg room on long journeys. It does make the boot space look huge though.

One advantage is that if you hook up some bungee chords to it, it becomes very hand for tying bags and things down to stop them moving around in the back. And if you have a T180, you can strap a spare wheel to it...

Have a look on eBay - they come up on there quite regularly; both the net and the metal types. I have bid on a few, but each one I bid on goes over my price :rolleyes: Conversely the ones I don't seem to go for a lot less! :D

Hi

Just bought a cage for Freddie my new pup. It just fits in the back of the Rave so is quite safe. Got it from argos reduced from £53 down to £38. Freddie is a Welsh Sheep dog so the cage will be plenty big enough. Another advantage is we still have a parcel shelf albeit the top of the cage.

It's catalogue number. 870/6104. Page 327 of the new catalogue.

We also use it around the house and will do so when caravaning. Much more versatile than just a guard.

Do the upper metal dog guards let you move the rear seat right back also or does it stop,like the full guard? anyone have a price on this type(half)?

Also i had a look at the net type,but does it pull half way into the boot,thus halving the boot space for my dog,or can you have the straps loose enough to hold,but also give full space of the boot,as my dog is quite big/powerfull and needs most of the space....thanks.

Do the upper metal dog guards let you move the rear seat right back also or does it stop,like the full guard? anyone have a price on this type(half)?

Also i had a look at the net type,but does it pull half way into the boot,thus halving the boot space for my dog,or can you have the straps loose enough to hold,but also give full space of the boot,as my dog is quite big/powerfull and needs most of the space....thanks.

The half-guard still slopes down at the same angle as the full one, and the half-guard is below the top of the seat, so I still think the rear seat needs to be slightly forward.

For the guards shown in the photos, the price for the half-guard was £143.33; the full-guard was £210.67 (May 2008).

Here's the other type of dog guard/mesh guard :) :)

DSCF0681.jpg

keeps my pet at bay 2006_0405zoocol0069.jpg

Only thing is the wife took him for a walk today....He's returned but no sign of the wife, and he has been asleep all afternoon :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Hi

Rav 4 5dr Guard Part no TGBNGA-4G155

£168.73 Plus Vat = £194.04

From Vantage Toyota Blackburn.

I got a quote For one last week.

Ps Ive got the dog as well :P

Alan

Cheers,i guess they could of made them so the seats could of been moved to whatever position you wanted...bit of a design fault you reckon?

Will see what the mesh ones cost also.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links