Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Leak

suzan823

:o I Need Help!!

I purchased a 2009 Yaris about a little over amonth ago. It has developed a water leak into the drivers side footwell. I brought it in for service once already. They sealed the lower body plugs where they claim the water was coming in from. They also told me there was another Yaris (maybe two) in for the same problem.

The problem has returned and they have no idea of where it could be coming from. They seem pretty sincere about absolutely flooding the car with water from ALL angles, but can't get it to leak. Unfortunately, it didn't rain during the day, so they didn't reall get a valid road test in the rain.

I love my Yaris, but I am growing concerned with this. Can anybody out there offer some advice?

Thanks in advance!!!

:o I Need Help!!

I purchased a 2009 Yaris about a little over amonth ago. It has developed a water leak into the drivers side footwell. I brought it in for service once already. They sealed the lower body plugs where they claim the water was coming in from. They also told me there was another Yaris (maybe two) in for the same problem.

The problem has returned and they have no idea of where it could be coming from. They seem pretty sincere about absolutely flooding the car with water from ALL angles, but can't get it to leak. Unfortunately, it didn't rain during the day, so they didn't reall get a valid road test in the rain.

I love my Yaris, but I am growing concerned with this. Can anybody out there offer some advice?

Thanks in advance!!!

take it back, warranty issue in my opinion.

Hi Suzan.

There does seem to be a small problem with some of the older gen Yaris's having a water leak but your car is still relatively new!! :o

I would tend to agree with Kman on this, take it to Toyota and have them deal with it. :angry:

Cars this new should not be having these problems imo.

Good luck, keep us posted. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it finally rained a bit the other day. So we were able to do a little troubleshooting with the leak. We had them leave the carpets off of the floor so we could see if and where it was leaking from. It didn't rain heavy enough to cause a large leak, but it leaked enough to start snooping around.

It certainly wasn't easy. Three service techs were looking around, poking and prodding, trying to figure where it was coming from. Finally, the service manager gets on his hands and knees (with his good slacks and shirt) and reaches under the car. He poked at one of the body plugs and BOING, out it popped. Right in the area of the leak.

It was replaced and resealed with a more rugged sealant.

Hopefully it will never leak again!

Thanks for your support.

SUe

RESULT!! Pleased to hear you got it sorted. :yahoo:

Good luck in the future with the car. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links