Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Tried Nano Technology?

St Thicket

I just heard about this nano-technology that makes the window easier to keep clean. If you drive 60mph, the water will just be blown off the windscreen without needing the wipers. How cool is that?! It's not even expensive! clicky

Has anyone tried it? How is it in real life?

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Yes. Mine came with a Supaguard version of it and I've got some more in the garage. However, it is OK if it is raining hard but if it is just drizzling you have to use the wipers and then you have a problem because the wipers form a ghostly radar trace which is far worse than no treatment. I don't recommend it.

PS if anyone throws a bucket of dirty water over my car they better hope that I'm not sitting in it or they will be getting a very good look at the 4WD system!

So in other words, its nice as long as you don't use the wipers?

Do you need to keep applying the stuff if it's been treated in the first place, or will the windscreen become "normal" again after a while?

What I found was that the wipers actually cleared it off after a while but it stayed longer on untouched areas. In principle it is a reasonable idea but in practice even if it is raining heavily you get spray off other vehicles and it all adds up to a big mess.

IMHO!

If you want to try I will post it to you! I think most car places stock rain-ex which is very similar. Some people swear by it but I found it a nuisance.

I should add that for the side windows it does help to keep them clean. However, just like the supaguard on the body it is all gone in 3 months. One of the biggest wastes of money I ever had.

Nothing else fur it - speed up to 110mph !!

I use a Car-Lack window sealing kit http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-amp-e...t/prod_348.html and this has never smeared the windows and even drizzle seems to fly off upwards at 40mph and above. One coat also seems to last 5 or 6 months without re-coating the windows. When it stops working it's really annoying! So it must work well!

Thanks for the offer anchorman, but I think I'll skip for now. Seems like it's not worth the effort, and with the Toyota Wiper Blades being so cheap, it's not going be very economical in the long run... considering that I need to keep applying this every 3-6 months.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links